• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Loyal
So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!”
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

And the LORD said to Samuel: “See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle. ~ I Samuel 3:9-11​

Most every day when I awake there is a song in my mind which the Lord Jesus placed there. The song is to go with where I am reading in scripture for that day. As I sit down to hear from the Lord through the reading of his word, I ask him to speak his words to my heart, and he does. I cannot begin to describe the awesomeness of hearing God speak his words to my heart in very practical and applicable ways to my life. He sometimes answers my requests, but sometimes he teaches me things I was not even seeking. Oh, how I love to hear him speak and to have him show me the plans he has for my life, and to lead me in his righteousness. His words are very precious to me. I want to know his ways, so that I can walk in his truth, and so that I can do what I know is his purpose for me. Praise his name!

Speak, Lord / An Original Work / May 8, 2011

Speak, Lord, for Your servant’s list’ning to You.
Let me hear You speak in love and in truth.
Guide me, I pray. Teach me Your way.
Speak, Lord, while I bow before You now.

Speak, Lord, fill me with Your peace and Your joy.
Let Your Holy Spirit’s work now employ.
Strengthen within. Keep me from sin.
Speak, Lord, words that lead to victory.

Speak, Lord, so that I might walk in Your ways.
Let Your love o’er-flow in my heart today.
Be my desire. Set me on fire.
Speak, Lord, comfort me with Your presence.