• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Sorrow for Sin

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted" - Matthew 5:4.

The mourners here are surely not those who mourn the loss of a loved one, but those who have reason to mourn
the loss of their innocence and self righteousness and self-respect, .....having met the Master.

It is not the sorrow of bereavement, talked of here, but the sorrow of repentance to which Jesus is referring.
For it is one thing to be spiriually poor and acknowledge it, ....it is another thing to bewail it; and to mourn over it.

Confession is one thing......Contrition is another.

We need then, to observe, not least in our own day, that Christian life is not all joy and laughter. There are some
Christians who seem to imagine that Christian's have always to be boisterious, and bubbly.. I don't find that in
the scripture......

No, there are such things as Christian tears;....... and few ever weep them.

Jesus wept over the sins of others, and over Jerusalem, and over the bitter consequence of human sin in judgment.
We, too, should lament over the evil, and sorrows of our world today;...... but we have our own sins to weep over as well.
Have our sins never caused us any grief? Are we wrong in the Church of England confession in Hioly Communion to say..."We acknowledge and bewail our manifold sins and wickedness"? .........

Evangelicals, by making much of grace, sometimes make light of sin.

There is not enough sorrow for sin among us. There should be more of the godly grief of Christian penitance.
Such mourners, Jesus promised,....... bewailing their sinfulness, .......will be comforted by the forgiveness of God.
Until that glorious day when in the final state of glory sin is no more...and God wipes away all tears from our eyes.

Last edited:
There is indeed not enough sorrow for the sins that Jesus bore on the cross at Calvary. I dare say that most of today's churchgoers are clueless about what our Lord suffered on the cross and why He suffered it.

SLE

I Agree! The other day I was reminiscing about my Child hood Innocence and how life takes it away from you so fast! I feel as a child we are pure, therefore we as children or children of today come into this world with Joy and Happiness. Where as a child you have so much dreams and hopes for yourself and the world until your Innocence of your dreams are taken or abandoned from you. I wonder as children when we sin and we did not know it, did God forgive us? cause we did not surrender ourselves to our faults at that time cause we did not know what is right and wrong. I feel I looked at the world as a child and love until I was 20 I still do until today, today I look at the world also in awareness and when I had my pure mind frame truly everything I did was out of goodness and love while other people took my graciousness and turned it against me which made me feel as what I was doing was wrong to care so much and give so much, which I see now that its okay and that is what God wants us to do, I feel some people don't enjoy seeing someone Happy because they are going threw their own situation which I can understand, I wish they could look inward towards themselves when they feel any neglect, sadness, jealousy etc to look inside and research their feelings and emotions and where it may lead them. I have cried many times of other people's doings or their choices towards me and others, but should I dwell on their wrong doings? or should they realize their mistake? I always try my best to be a kind person to the world no matter what I have been threw cause what I have been threw has changed me but not to the extend that I am angry it changed me to renew myself and I have stumbled and fell many times to renew myself and give myself to God and ask him for forgiveness to lead me to the light of what is right for me, to walk in his path.

Last edited: