• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Some Needed Self-Awareness

Staff Member
But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." Luke 23:40-41 NKJV

In the pivotal moment in all human history, the Creator of the world hung nailed to a wooden cross between two criminals. One mocked Jesus and the other—painfully aware that he was receiving his just punishment—spoke the words recorded above.

Then a true miracle happens. This self-admitted criminal turned to the Lord and said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom” (Luke 23:42 NIV). The Savior answered, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43 NIV).

There’s a universal truth in the criminal’s words: “We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.” Every man deserves God’s judgment and punishment. That’s the bad news.

The good news is that, when you recognize your unworthiness for God’s eternal kingdom, you can place your faith in the One who died and was raised from the dead. One day you too will be with Him in paradise.

Prayer: God of grace and forgiveness, thank You for being a God who delights in saving even the worst of sinners. Never let me forget that You delight in transforming those who come to You in desperate need of Your mercy.