• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

soda addiction

ive had sodas all my life. i have very high cholestrol and type 2 diabetic i dont like water. any advice how to break this addiction

Active
Hello, if I was to go into the medical, economical and political factors of soda would you reduce or quit drinking ?

Health - the ingredients in soda is enough to make you scratch your head, corn, corn syrup, high fructose corn sugar, caramel flavoring ( chemicals known Carcinogens 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole ), phosphorous acid ( destroy the enamel of your tooth, acidic levels have been compared to battery acid )
- Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9%
.CDC
-Diet Soda Intake and Risk of Incident Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
MESA

Economic - 2012 the health cost for diabetes was $245 billion.
Soda companies lobby politicians by giving them big endorsements. They give to both political parties, but the Republican candidates have received more money.

Political --So when health officials, professionals, scientist, or concern citizens want a health bill pass or more regulations for corporations(e.g remove dangerous ingredients that are banned in other countries ), the paid candidates on both sides based on interest would shut it down.
Currently they are trying to cut food stamps but give farmers who grown subsidized crops like corn ( important ingredient found in almost every food product, ethanol ) increased unlimited subsidies. Despite the great message of drinking water done by the first Lady and introduction of gardening; fruits, vegetables and water can be a bit extra for most people's budgets. The cheap ingredients found in junk food ( sourced from subsided crops ) are more accessible and affordable. If fruits and veggies were subsidized it would become more affordable and we would be in better health.

ive had sodas all my life. i have very high cholestrol and type 2 diabetic i dont like water. any advice how to break this addiction

Healthy choices might be more expensive, but drink more water to quench your thirst. Add some slices of lemon to a jug of water, or some sliced cucumbers. Drink that cold you wont miss soda.
It would be hard to break it right away, especially if there's some emotional attachments.

Try to reduce the amount you drink and get into the habit of reading labels.

Research the side effects of the ingredients,
  • how the ingredient was made ?
  • Is is from nature of chemical lab ?
Now every time you read the label, you'll remember all the bad stuff associated with it, eventually the joy of soda should fade. The purpose is for you to get a negative association attached to soda, so then you can find something positive in it's place. Whatever good feeling attachment you once had might turn into disgust. Right now when I see a cola, I would say I can't believe I drank that stuff yuck.

The best thing for your health is to eliminate all soda, avoid all corn sugars.

We serve an awesome God who provided natural foods to cure and make us whole. Get happy about fruits and veggies. Sugary juices are just as bad as soda, made with that corn stuff or been boiled/ pasteurized killing the nutrients. Eat whole foods.

Ask God to give you the strength and healing.