• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

So what did you read in your bible today?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Just curios of what everyone is currently reading in there bible today? (no discussion of theology please)

I am on chapter 36 in the book of Exodus

God Bless, hope all have a wonderful day and we are able to grow in our faith

Just curios of what everyone is currently reading in there bible today? (no discussion of theology please)

I read many devotionals and scripture in the mornings. I started reading the Old Testament several months ago. I had to stop for a bit as could not stand to read some of the horrible things that occur. I went to my church library and got some really good books for encouragement and the GOOD word. I still rea the OT but i mix in several other great books. Yesterday I could not make it to church as I'm a bit sick so I listened to Adam Miller on Songtime Radio. Adam is an amazing preacher and a wonderful person. Amen

Active

Hi, Dave,
Just finished 2 Corinthians...at Burger King.

Loyal
I love seeing so many people reading the bible, it just not typical in today world. @At Peace I would of loved to walk into burger king and seeing you read the bible thanks for sharing, imagine what a different world we would live in if everyone would study Gods word daily.

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Greetings Dave,

out of curiosity, did you mean a reading a real life paper Bible or looking at a mobile device or computer screen?

Bless you ....><>

Active
Bump @Dave M yes I'm also curious, do people read an actual book Bible or are people reading from a computer.
I'm a book person myself.

Staff Member
This is what I read today and have already shared elsewhere on the forum

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, beingof one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others
Philippians 2:1-4

listen my dear brothers:Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him james 2:5

Active
Bump @Dave M yes I'm also curious, do people read an actual book Bible or are people reading from a computer.
I'm a book person myself.
Book.
I can tell when someone walks by that they can tell exactly what I am reading when I use the book, but folks wouldn't be able to tell, if I was using a device.
At least the thought of God...and His book is thrust to the forefront when using the bible-book.
It has started quite a few conversations, thanks be to God.