• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

So Much More Than a Denomination or Religion

The question that gets asked most often is also a question that frankly for me anyway is one that shouldn't make a difference because in the end when we are before God giving account He isn't going to ask what religion are you...it isn't going to matter. The thing that will matter is this " Do you know my son, do you love Him and are washed in and by His blood". What question is that you ask...we've all heard it and probably have been asked it that question is " what religion are you?" or " what denomination are you?" these questions to me make no sense at all and here is why. There are so many different religions...like christians, baptists, catholics, agnostics, mormons, pentecostal, methodists, you name its there, but the question is this...is God a particular denomination? For me the answer is no He is not a religion He is not a denomination. He is God creater of heaven and earth and all that is in them. He is my personal Lord and Savior, my best friend, my husband, my teacher...He is everything that I need and following Him is so much more than a denomination or religion...It's a personal relationship with Him that matters. Going to church is wonderful, but it doesn't mean you are more saved than anyone else because you happen to go. There are many who go and sit in churchs but don't know or have that personal relationship with Jesus. We the brothers and sisters and children of the living God make up the church and where we are He is there. Whether its in a church building, in our homes with bible study or here on Talk Jesus where two or more are gathered He is there. It's no my intention to offend anyone here and no im not saying " don't go to church" what I am saying is this....it really doesn't matter the denomination we are, what matters is that you know Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him and keep in His word" Jesus said it best in the bible when He told us How to get to the Father in heaven and He didn't say it was by being a certian religion or denomination He said it was by Him and only Him that we get to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him " I am the way,the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John11: 25-26 Jesus said to her, " I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.

then in John 26 Jesus follows this with another question one each of us should ask ourselves and completely know the answer to "Do you believe this?" My personal answer to this question is " Yes without a doubt I know and believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all and through and by Him I am saved! As for me and my House we will serve the Lord!

Jesus so much more than a denomination or religion...He is eternal life and salvation and it is that personal relationship we have with Him that will be the most important thing it won't matter who is right or who is wrong what religion or denomination we are because once before God the only thing that will matter is our relationship with His Son Jesus Christ. So, lets look at one another with the eyes of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. He doesn't see religion or denomination He only sees us and our hearts and loves us despite the fact that we will never be perfect...lets see each other as He does seeing each other not as denominations but instead seeing each other as brothers, sisters and friends and children of the Lord heirs to the throne because He knows us personally and loves each of us, so let us love one another laying ourselves aside just as he laid himself aside and unselfishly and in love died for us.

God bless you now and always
AA

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but you also need to realise that a person's religion(aside from Christianity) or denomination within Christianity determines more often than not, what they believe. I also don't particularly enjoy people referring to Christianity as a religion, it is much more than that; however in this world people are put into groups and hence the reason why Christianity is referred to as a religion amongst many others.
It's all nice and jolly to say we are all brothers and sisters and family...or whatever...but there are people that ARE NOT saved that are NOT CHRISTIANS and even more saddening there are so called Christians that do not believe in the Cross and what Christ has done for us; which is in my opinion the foundation of Christianity. Just because a person believes that Jesus existed some time ago, does not mean they believe in the shedding of His blood to wash away all sins(e.g. Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet but He is not God, He did not die and He did not resurrect). There are some people that hold juxtaposing beliefs e.g. "Christian Buddhist" and even so called Christians that do not believe that Jesus did it all on the cross e.g. Catholics who believe Mary to be a co-redeemer. In such cases what do you plan to do? Tell them "you know what, you are my brother/ sister, so just do what you do" or explain to them using the bible why they are wrong? Or maybe just do nothing?. In short, my point is that I believe you are correct about God viewing out hearts not our denomination and thus denominations should be irrelevant to us. Nonetheless, like I said you also need to realise that the doctrines that certain denominations teach affects what people who follow such denominations believe in their hearts. A perfect world would be, if we all just cut out all the denominations and man-made religiousity and focus on the cross.