• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Sneaky sin verse obvious sin ??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Is some sin more obvious then other sin? I thinks so.

Murder, drunkenness, sexual morality, lying, these sins all seem pretty obvious and easy to spot and I think are the sins people think of when they say they are perfect or sinless.

Pride, covetous, not loving you neighbor as yourself, gossip, rudness these are sneaky sin that are much harder to see IMO

whats the difference between being prideful and being pleased with oneself??

Whats the difference in enjoying a hobby and coveting it and turning it into a idle?

what the difference between talking about people in a negative way that is true, and gossip?

Whats about when you are rude to someone? that is not loving your neighbor as yourself even if you are rude in the truth ?

if we are not following what the bible says Love is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 are we then in sin?

Active
I am just thinking about how Jesus forgave those who crucified Him Luke 23:34. Not one of us can say that every time someone hurts or annoys us. We will always reveal pride.

This subject reminds me of the popular ''Lie to a Nazi' issue. Is it a sin to lie? Yes. Is it a sin to lie to a Nazi about the Jew you hiding? Greater good?

Then what of not delivering on our promises?

Only God has nothing to repent of, delivers perfectly on promises and never lies. Num 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?.

Active
Is some sin more obvious then other sin? I thinks so.
Of course some are.

if we are not following what the bible says Love is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 are we then in sin?
Yes.
Fortunately, God has provided us with everything we need to comply with 1 Cor 13.
Remember, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes!!!

Active
This subject reminds me of the popular ''Lie to a Nazi' issue. Is it a sin to lie? Yes. Is it a sin to lie to a Nazi about the Jew you hiding? Greater good?
You have dreamed up a reason to commit sin.
If you were willing to hide a Jew, why wouldn't you be willing to die for your actions?
I mean, really, we are already dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God. (Col 3:3)

Then what of not delivering on our promises?
Only God has nothing to repent of, delivers perfectly on promises and never lies. Num 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?.
Don't make a vow (promise) you can't deliver on.
Then there won't be a need for further crucifixion of Christ. (Heb 6:6)
BTW, those "in Christ" also have nothing to repent of.
Their repentance from sin was true the first time.

Active
1. You have dreamed up a reason to commit sin.
2. If you were willing to hide a Jew, why wouldn't you be willing to die for your actions?
I mean, really, we are already dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God. (Col 3:3)

3. Don't make a vow (promise) you can't deliver on.
4. Then there won't be a need for further crucifixion of Christ. (Heb 6:6)
5. BTW, those "in Christ" also have nothing to repent of.
6. Their repentance from sin was true the first time.
1. It is a well known argument.
2. What of my wife and kids I need to support?
3. You have never done that?
4. Jesus died for us.
5. Since we still sin, we need to always repent. It is respectful if not always necessary. Being disrespectful is sin.
6. Our first repentance got us in the door. In the house are many rooms. If we are going to be vein and say we don't need to repent, we will be in a room close to the door.

Question 2 to consider: If you were at the zoo and a stranger fell into the tigers cage. Would you jump in, if you knew you could rescue the person, but not yourself? We would jump in if it was our family. But not a stranger.

Active
4. Jesus died for us.
5. Since we still sin, we need to always repent. It is respectful if not always necessary. Being disrespectful is sin.
6. Our first repentance got us in the door. In the house are many rooms. If we are going to be vein and say we don't need to repent, we will be in a room close to the door.

Question 2 to consider: If you were at the zoo and a stranger fell into the tigers cage. Would you jump in, if you knew you could rescue the person, but not yourself? We would jump in if it was our family. But not a stranger.

Active
4. Jesus died for us.
1. It isn't an argument for those who trust God.
2. YOU need to support?
I had hoped you had enough faith to allow God to handle such matters.
3. Not since crucifying my old man.
4. Yes He did, and thereby allowing us to also be crucified; killing the old man and being reborn to "walk in newness of life".
5. If you still sin, you have not repented of sin.
"Repent"..."turn from" or "change".
Sinners have neither "turned" nor "changed".
6. Love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself.
How hard is that...for a man reborn of Godly seed that cannot bring forth evil fruit.?

Question 2 to consider
: If you were at the zoo and a stranger fell into the tigers cage. Would you jump in, if you knew you could rescue the person, but not yourself? We would jump in if it was our family. But not a stranger.
I pray every day that God never puts me in such a position.
So far He has granted me that protection.
Again you are making up ways to commit sin.

You seem to be defending a life without a turn from sin with "IF" tactics.
Don't you realize that God can control the zoo, the tiger, who falls in, and price of gas to get there?
Why dream up such outlandishness?

Loyal
talking about other people "Gossip" whooo Lord forgive me of this I am guilty of it often. Lord please make me strong to stop this in Jesus name

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.