Sin Nature

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
My Belief is we have to fight it daily or it can cause us to stumble. I know some on here say it is dead, I do not agree with that, I think we can defeat it and kill for the day perhabs but it has to be defeated daily IMO

I think we all agree we are born with sin nature, when we are born again it seems some are suggesting we no longer have a sin nature, I dis-agree with this I think we still have it but we now have to the power to win over it with Jesus Christ it no longer controls us but we still have a sin nature

My belief is the sin nature is in the flesh, they are one in the same. SO as long as your are living in this body your sin nature exist and you have to fight it daily.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:8
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:7
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

wondering what others thoughts are on this subject, I only seek the truth I may not be correct

Loyal Member
My Belief is we have to fight it daily or it can cause us to stumble. I know some on here say it is dead, I do not agree with that, I think we can defeat it and kill for the day perhabs but it has to be defeated daily IMO

I think we all agree we are born with sin nature, when we are born again it seems some are suggesting we no longer have a sin nature, I dis-agree with this I think we still have it but we now have to the power to win over it with Jesus Christ it no longer controls us but we still have a sin nature

My belief is the sin nature is in the flesh, they are one in the same. SO as long as your are living in this body your sin nature exist and you have to fight it daily.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:8
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:7
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

wondering what others thoughts are on this subject, I only seek the truth I may not be correct
As long as you kick the snot out of it Dave...The Book says we win!

Staff member
Greetings old man, (McWrinkles)

As long as you kick the snot out of it Dave...The Book says we win!
I have heard it said that when we praise the Lord it is like squirting fly-spray up the devils nose.

Sometimes we can forget the victory we have already in and through Christ Jesus the Lord and what He has already done for us in giving His life a ransom.
If we would concentrate on the goodness and lovingkindness of God enough to live with thanksgiving and praise, we will discover that the so called 'sin-nature' is not ours.
In fact, the kurios, the Lord, Who Jesus is, (lest we forget) is our owner as Master and we are not our own.
Doing His will is the way. That is not to be confused with not doing other wise, or better put and in more words, Do we concentrate and give ourselves to doing His will or do we instead give ourselves to not doing the things we ought not? Yes we must resist the devil but that is while doing the will of God as we have been taught by Him in His Son. Did Jesus spend all His time resisting the devil and kicking the snot out of the devil or kicking the snot out of His flesh or did He go about doing the will of His Father.....

do like wise, giving Glory to our Father, as He did, not rendering anything to ourselves but always pointing all glory to Him. This can and should become our praise to Him in our living according to His will.

Before Christ in our Lives as Lord, (not that He was not Lord before our conversion) we were slaves to the darkness of this world and now we have been bought with a price, a price that none can repay, we are His to do His will.

So, going back to it, by living a life of praise, we effectually kick the snot out of anything and everything that would otherwise render us snotty little snot bags, but we must remember the motive, being not to keep ourselves, but only to praise Him because He is.

Do we really believe the Lord is our Keeper? (surely we do!) If so, let us praise Him for that and walk in the victory or His Salvation which is also His keeping that which He has purchased with His own blood.

He , the One Who is our Keeper, is also the Good Shepherd Who gave His Life for the Sheep.
He said, My Sheep hear My voice...
so, back again to the motive and the way...
Do we listen to, hearken to, Him and do His will or do we keep listening to the 'sinful nature' and get busy looking for opportunity to kick snot? (it snot a good idea)

Grace and Peace be multiplied ..... wonderful thought to consider... be multiplied....
The increase is of Him.... and if He is increased,

but we must and can only do that as a Body, for it a Body He purchased.

If we say we have no need of another, we reject His Body and if we do so , we reject His love. (For those who might 'oppose' such, we are commanded to love not only Him but we must 'prove' that love in our love toward one another..... and be so full as to be pouring over for the lost to drink from and find that water of Life we once tasted and by so doing believed.

Oh Victory....

Praise the Lord!!!!

Bless you ....><>

Loyal Member
"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." I Cor 15:31

The daily dying if pursued faithfully and continuously will result in growth toward what our brother At Peace keeps preaching/teaching.
Jesus did it. Paul did it. We can also do it.
Give God the glory!

Loyal Member
"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." I Cor 15:31

The daily dying if pursued faithfully and continuously will result in growth toward what our brother At Peace keeps preaching/teaching.
Jesus did it. Paul did it. We can also do it.
Give God the glory!
Paul never became perfect as At peace claims to be!

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Loyal Member
Paul never became perfect as At peace claims to be!

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:11 says exactly what Paul had yet to attain.
Phil 3:21 says it again...his glorified body.
BTW, what does Phil 3:15 say?..."Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:..."

Loyal Member
Phil 3:21 says it again...his glorified body.
Php 3:20 But we are citizens of the state (commonwealth, homeland) which is in heaven, and from it also we earnestly and patiently await [the coming of] the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [as] Savior,
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Paul did not have a glorified body in his life.

Loyal Member
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

That is every ones goal, but Paul never claimed to achieve it in his life.
That is correct, as it is part of the next life.
But you seem to think he is claiming not to have "attained" perfect sinlessness.
Others before you have used this verse to cast doubt on God's power to free men from sin, but to no avail.
I'll quote Romans 6:7..."For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Our death happens when we join Christ on the cross at our baptism into His death. (Rom 6:3-6)

Loyal Member
Php 3:15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. (ESV)

Being mature is not being sinless.
You have run afoul of the later fake versions of God's word.
A version that panders to the folks who want to continue to disobey God.
I'll stick with the KJV.

Loyal Member
Php 3:20 But we are citizens of the state (commonwealth, homeland) which is in heaven, and from it also we earnestly and patiently await [the coming of] the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [as] Savior,
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Paul did not have a glorified body in his life.
I agree, but the condition of the skin has no bearing on our obedience to God in this realm..

Loyal Member
That is correct, as it is part of the next life.
But you seem to think he is claiming not to have "attained" perfect sinlessness.
Others before you have used this verse to cast doubt on God's power to free men from sin, but to no avail.
I'll quote Romans 6:7..."For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Our death happens when we join Christ on the cross at our baptism into His death. (Rom 6:3-6)
Rom 6:7 For when a man dies, he is freed (loosed, delivered) from [the power of] sin [among men].

Man is only free from the dominion of sin, he is not sinless as it still lives within man's body, which is why Paul kept his body (which has sin) under control so that sin would not control him. No man is sinless in this life!!!

1Co 9:27 But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].