• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Sibling Rivalry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Staff Member
Then as the Midianite [and Ishmaelite] merchants were passing by, the brothers pulled Joseph up and lifted him out of the well. And they sold him for twenty pieces of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took Joseph [captive] into Egypt. Genesis 37:28 AMPC

Joseph was Jacob’s favorite son. He received special treatment—and a special coat. He was the second youngest son and was familiar with sibling rivalry.

When Jacob needed some intel on his sons, he sent Joseph. They didn’t just pick on Joseph, call him a dreamer, or destroy his coat. The brothers threw him in a hole, hatched a plan to convince Jacob that a wild animal had killed Joseph, and eventually sold him into slavery at a bargain price.

How would it feel to have your freedom taken away by jealous siblings who preferred you dead? Joseph endured this pain, but God was with him.

The way people treat you has nothing to do with the way God sees you. His plans for you are not limited by the opinions of critics. His love for you is not based on your perfection, but on His.

A lack of acceptance may be common among acquaintances and less common among family members, but it does happen. You’ll need to persevere in the midst of that kind of unfairness. So get to know the God who is never petty, short-fused, or abusive. He cares about you.

Prayer: God, when I feel abused, help me to remember that Your Son was also mistreated. When I feel alone, remind me that I’m not the only one. When life seems unfair, remind me of Your compassion.