• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should we as born-again Christians expose and name heretics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is
Should we Christian's name shame and expose obvious heretics such as those who get rich by the heretical prosperity gospel?
Alan

19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

I used to call them out Alan, but who listens?

I just got banned from another 'Christian' forum for telling Catholics they are pagans who worship and pray to idols .
Just another sign we are in the End Times.

Loyal
I know you know this already, just a reminder, some “Roman Catholics” are true Christians too. And some “Protestants” worship idols too. Now isn’t that something?:pensive: Don’t feel bad, the way I’m going, I might get banned from here, I have a hard time controlling that tongue of mines! I told them to pray for me.

Loyal
The parable of the Tares and the Wheat indicates that we shouldn't be too eager to try to weed out the false teachers and heretics -- we're clumsy and likely to uproot genuine believers at the same time.

For me, this goes against the grain of my natural inclinations. But why not trust in God to do this work?

I know you know this already, just a reminder, some “Roman Catholics” are true Christians too. And some “Protestants” worship idols too. Now isn’t that something?:pensive: Don’t feel bad, the way I’m going, I might get banned from here, I have a hard time controlling that tongue of mines! I told them to pray for me.
A Roman Catholic by definition follows Rome's teachings that are directly from Babylon. All Catholics believe Mary is in heaven and they pray to her despite the Bible and her son saying the dead are all in their grave.
That makes all Catholics liars and by definition not Christian.
What Protestants worship idols?

Loyal
I just got banned from another 'Christian' forum for telling Catholics they are pagans who worship and pray to idols .

I was on a RCC forum a few years ago. Discovered that they welcome people of other faiths. I started asking questions about their main beliefs and pretty soon I was warned -off-line that I better be careful. I was kicked off because I questioned their main beliefs that are Not Biblical. I was merely sharing Scripture with them. They have their 'church' beliefs that are precious to them. Even though they are dead wrong, no one likes to have their beliefs challenged.

Telling them they are pagans who worship and pray to idols is Not the way to gain favor with them. Or get them to listen to Scripture.

There's nothing new about the RCC. Or that over-all world conditions are pointing towards our being in the end times.

The parable of the Tares and the Wheat indicates that we shouldn't be too eager to try to weed out the false teachers and heretics -- we're clumsy and likely to uproot genuine believers at the same time.

For me, this goes against the grain of my natural inclinations. But why not trust in God to do this work?
I was on a RCC forum a few years ago. Discovered that they welcome people of other faiths. I started asking questions about their main beliefs and pretty soon I was warned -off-line that I better be careful. I was kicked off because I questioned their main beliefs that are Not Biblical. I was merely sharing Scripture with them. They have their 'church' beliefs that are precious to them. Even though they are dead wrong, no one likes to have their beliefs challenged.

Telling them they are pagans who worship and pray to idols is Not the way to gain favor with them. Or get them to listen to Scripture.

There's nothing new about the RCC. Or that over-all world conditions are pointing towards our being in the end times.
Jesus called the priests 'offspring of vipers!' because of their false teachings.
My merely pointing out that Catholics worship idols is hardly evil.

Loyal
If you're on a RCC Forum it isn't a real good idea. Ya won't be there for long.

In any Other circumstance -- what is the objective -- to point out how evil they are or to show them Scripture - in a loving way -- that points to Correct teaching. The objective Should be to show them the Savior. To win them to Christ. That should be true with Anyone -- there's a Lot of false teaching all over the place. God's Word is Not popular. There are a Lot of good people around who feel that they have as good a chance of getting to heaven as anyone Else does. So -- a person Can share their own salvation experience with them. 'where' I was before accepting Christ.

And there is Also the question of What makes a person a heretic. What constitutes heresy.

Loyal
@DanielCrow -- not all roads lead to heaven. Only One does.

Some people believe that Jesus Christ Did exist in history , but only as a good religious leader of that day. They don't believe the He is the Son of God.

Beliefs that are not in accord with God's Word. One would be that good works on our part are are needed in addition To the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross / His death, burial and bodily resurrection.

And some don't believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. That is an essential belief.

Some people believe that a person prays through Mary. But Jesus Christ is the mediator between man and God.

Jesus Christ was here on earth to point 'us' to His Father in heaven. He came to be our Savior.

I do not think there are any Catholics who do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, or the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. And yet they are still considered heretic?

Loyal
That's because the basic tenants of the RCC are not based on Scripture. The Vatican is not based on Scripture nor is the Papacy.

One of the basics is that Mary was a perpetual virgin which she wasn't. She Was a virgin -- the Holy Spirit came upon her and Jesus was born. But she and Joseph Did continue to have more children.

Another is that of praying through Mary. Because Scripture says that Jesus Christ is the mediator between us and God.

And, yes, there Are RCC people who Are believers. They stay within the RCC for their own reasons. And some priests have accepted Christ and stay to reach their congregation with the Gospel.

And, yes, there Are RCC people who Are believers. They stay within the RCC for their own reasons. And some priests have accepted Christ and stay to reach their congregation with the Gospel.

I dont understand. Are they, or almost all of them, believers? You say "There are RCC people who Are believers", it sounds as though you are saying that a significant portion of Catholics do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and pray to him.

I thought that the basic tenet of Christianity is to accept Jesus Christ as God and believe that he died for your sins and to accept him into your life, and you will be saved?

Active
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
3Jn 1:10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
3Jn 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Active
Maybe because that is very narrow minded.

Loyal
Well -- some of the basics Of RCC are the pictures that they do worship and pray to -- but to tell them that to their face Probably isn't going to be heart-warming to them.

It's not so much What a person is trying to share -- it's HOW it's Being shared. If you're being 'in your face' about something. It probably Won't be accepted very well.

@KingJ -- no it's not being narrow-minded -- it's being truthful. But bluntness isn't always appreciated.

Active
Well -- some of the basics Of RCC are the pictures that they do worship and pray to -- but to tell them that to their face Probably isn't going to be heart-warming to them.

It's not so much What a person is trying to share -- it's HOW it's Being shared. If you're being 'in your face' about something. It probably Won't be accepted very well.

@KingJ -- no it's not being narrow-minded -- it's being truthful. But bluntness isn't always appreciated.
Sue, there is a lot to consider. It is a classic case of narrow mindedness.

Millions of Catholics do not gather to pray, worship and lift Jesus up, out of hate for Jesus.

Active
I dont understand. Are they, or almost all of them, believers? You say "There are RCC people who Are believers", it sounds as though you are saying that a significant portion of Catholics do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and pray to him.

I thought that the basic tenet of Christianity is to accept Jesus Christ as God and believe that he died for your sins and to accept him into your life, and you will be saved?
Yes you are right. The basic tenets of Christianity is to accept Jesus Christ as God and believe that he died for your sins, but we also know that the basics of RCC doctrine is not totally following the Bible. This doesn't exclude that some of them who might be saved, but it already makes it quite complicated. Worshipping statues for example, believing only the papacy is having a direct relationship with God and is a way to Him, doing certain things that are not found in the Bible. Now if I being an evangelical Christian believe in the name of Jesus, go to church regularly, paying my tent, being baptized, but in the same time commuting adultery for example or living other kind of double sided life, does that make me a Christian? Of course NO! See, doing one thing, but not following the other doesn't make us Christians. It is not a question just of proclaiming the name of Jesus, but also to live in His way. As the word tells us that He is the truth, the way and the life. His way is also following His word. The problem is that everything could become just a tradition that we follow, but not something taken whole heartedly, while God told us that we need to love Him with our mind,heart and soul. Catholics for example believe that just by being baptized, receiving the comunion etc. are saved already. Same can happen with protestants believing that just by going regularly to church and paying their tent are already blessed. To certain people Jesus even said that He doesn't know them. Luke 13:27
I live in a Catholic country and believe me I'm trying to be as delicate as I can with them when sharing the word, but what is right must be said. And I repeat protestants too can fall into following just a tradition. But the doctrine on which a belief is based is important, because if it is right it gets easier for people to enter into God's kingdom. Going away from the truth it gets harder for them. That's why Jesus rebuked the lawyers from that time, because having the key of knowledge they were not entering themselves and were hindering the others too from entering. Luke 11:52
It is our heart that God is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.