• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should I fast?

I need God/Jesus to work some miracles on me. I been searching for my lost passport with no luck, and been asking God to reveal the sins I'm unaware of. I feel like he isn't answering. I read testimonies where people have had their prayers answered. I intend doing the daniel fast tomorrow morning. I'm really desperate for my prayers to be answered so I don't know what else to do . It will be for 3 days.

Time is ticking and my trip to Jamaica will be here soon. Like next week soon. I read some how-tos and some people recommend asking God whether to do it or not. Well, how can I get a response if he isn't responding? I know this might be selfish but I really need God to reveal where my passport is. I looked in my room, other room, bed, just bout anywhere.

Any people w/ experience in fasting care to give advice? Also, I'm aware I have to spend time praising, worshiping, and reading during the fast.

I need God/Jesus to work some miracles on me. I been searching for my lost passport with no luck, and been asking God to reveal the sins I'm unaware of. I feel like he isn't answering. I read testimonies where people have had their prayers answered. I intend doing the daniel fast tomorrow morning. I'm really desperate for my prayers to be answered so I don't know what else to do . It will be for 3 days.

Time is ticking and my trip to Jamaica will be here soon. Like next week soon. I read some how-tos and some people recommend asking God whether to do it or not. Well, how can I get a response if he isn't responding? I know this might be selfish but I really need God to reveal where my passport is. I looked in my room, other room, bed, just bout anywhere.

Any people w/ experience in fasting care to give advice? Also, I'm aware I have to spend time praising, worshiping, and reading during the fast.
@SmileyJanell,
Peace, be still.
Hi sister. Sometimes the Lord wants us to wait quietly and trust in him. God will always answer when the time is right. I fast, and it's the best thing I could ever do for myself. Praising, worshipping, and reading are great things to do while fasting; however, sometimes in my complete stillness is when the Lord speaks to me.

Loyal
Fasting is good, but be certain always of your purpose asking carefully of Him...

"Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;" Isaiah 58:6-9

LOL.. Well to an extent, the answer is always, "Yes you should fast," as it allows for a less obstructed movement of the Spirit, and redirects focus back towards God and His will. (Unless of course this would directly cause a negative medical situation given a person's health or potential physiological issues.) However, I think that just perhaps; we get a bit overly anxious on certain matters and let the 'molehill become a mountain.' We do well to remember that our Father is a pretty big God and our "mountains," are but grains of sand to Him; which are scattered merely by the wind coming from His descending foot as it sets down a print.

Let us remember of the story in Mark 9:14-29 and Matthew 17:14-21; "The healing of a demon-possessed boy." Why were the disciples unable to cast it out? Jesus said it was because of their "small, faith," yet he followed this statement up by saying,"Truly I tell you, if you had the faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'move over here,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible to you." How is it their faith was "too small," yet they needed only the tiniest amount of faith to do the impossible? You see, Jesus was not referring to "size or quantity," of faith here. Rather he referred to QUALITY of faith. Consider the Samaritan woman who knew she needed but the tiniest "crumb," that fell from the Lord's Table to receive a miracle. Well things like prayer and fasting both build and reflect a solid "quality," of faith; thus such things can be of benefit.

The moral of the story is this: take an honest look at the situation and your reactions. Do they reflect a trusting faith in God, or a focus on small worldly matters being elevated into the status of impassable obstacles? Pray all you like, but you will find little victory through prayer until you are able to employ faith without the evidence being apparent. Quality of faith is key; surrender it and don't reclaim it, give it to God and leave it be. Trust that He will answer. Trust that He is able. And be willing to accept that answer, even if it isn't the answer you prefer to receive.

Thanks and God Bless!