• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Serving your laborers..

Dear Brothers and sisters,

Ever stop to think how we treat those who are providing a service to us if we are an employer?

Please read and meditate on Colossians 4:1, "Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven."

Of course my employees were not my slaves when I had my business at one time. Full job descriptions, fair pay, and honest training was the priority for my new hires. It is biblical to bring out the full talents that our Father provided for them so they can flourish and be better equipped for their personal careers and ministries.

Ordering from a live customer service person? Buying groceries at the check out stand? Eating at a restaurant? Having that mechanical problem fixed on your car? Having that technical problem fixed on your computer?

Please read and meditate on 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13, Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in LOVE because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

I experienced a waiter who was nervous taking my order at a nice restaurant. It was really busy that one Saturday night, we were celebrating our 20th and so I felt passion in my heart. It was not about us. We kept eye contact and smiled at him while he took our order. Jesus took it from there. He could sense we wanted the evening to be romantic, especially when I wanted to say the right things to Hazel and not discuss Talk Jesus but other topics. lol! But we took the time to thank him for his efforts and dinner was not even served yet. After dinner we ask him to summon the restaurant manager. When the manager came to our table, he was actually the owner. We shook his hand and thanked him for the wonderful service that his waiter and staff provided and it made our dinner very special.

In our hearts we gave all the glory to God. Its about representing Christ.

We have heard that the customer is always right. As Christians its not about being right, its about being Christ like. That waiter, mechanic, customer service representative, grocery clerk, and doctor has a skill that I don't have and am going to honor God for providing the blessing and provisions to make our lives a blessing for the moment.

Do you have a testimony about a service that you and your family experienced that may encourage all of us in how we can be better customers to our laborers? Please share?

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

Great thread Bob ! I have a testimony about Gods grace . My family and I went out to a great steak and rib place for dinner a few weeks back . My wife and I visited the same place just the week before and had the best meal of the year ! When I got home , I told my children about how good the place was and even ordered a take-out of ribs for them to sample . Well after a whole week of me talking about how great the place was , we all went there to have a great dinner . My wife ordered the usuall waste of money food , but my children ordered the ribs and I ordered their best steak !!! We sat there and talked to the server about how much we liked the place and how are children could not wait to get there . When the food came out , everyone had a great looking platter except me ! My steak was so burnt i was ready to throw it away !!! The wiater looked at me and asked is everything OK ? I just looked at my steak with all my family looking on , and said .... all is fine . Well it wasn't fine at all !!! To make a long story short . The manager came out to out table and said , sir , my waiter asked me to come out here and see if everything is OK. I said yes everything is fine . He looked at my steak and asked me if i ordered my steak that way . I told him not really , but it would be OK . The manager told me that I paid too much money to eat that and asked me to let him give me a new steak . I said sure , and he came back with the best steak I had in years !!! I am thankful that everyone was pleased and it turned out just as I planned . Thanks Bob for a great thread . Mike :computer:

Bobinfaith said:
We have heard that the customer is always right. As Christians its not about being right, its about being Christ like.

Amen! wonderful post brother, we need to remind each other of this as often as possible, provoking one another to good works. Thank you

Thank you Bob, I think this is a very important issue, and something that should be addressed more often by teachers in the Church. On the flip side of this subject, if we do not 'serve our laborers' , we can single handedly destroy any opportunity we may have had to be a witness of our Lord. Several years ago, I waitressed in two different communities in which the restaurants were patronized at peak times by professing 'christians.' Most times being after the local Church service was over, and they would come in two or three dozen at a time. In all honesty, these were some of the most impatient, thoughtless, worst tipping, customers these establishments served. I wish I were kidding! This observation was`nt just my own, but the expressions, and comments of my co-workers said it all! Oh no, here comes the 'christians!'
One of my biggest peeves, (and this may sound petty if you have never been a waiter/ess) was the mess they would let thier children make under the table. Stopping to pick up food particles and napkins, and wipe guck off chairs, and sweep so another customer could be seated is a real annoyance for any waitress.
The odd thing is, it was rare that a non-christian, as such, allowed thier
children to do this, or would pick up after them themselves before leaving.
My point is, in any establishment a Christian walks into, make them glad
you came, not leave them wishing they did`nt have to deal with you, that way if you open your mouth to tell them what a difference God can make in a life, they`ll have first seen it with their own eyes. If we truly have God on the inside, we ought to be the kindest, nicest, most loving, patient, customer any business serves all day. "Be a witness,and if necessary use words."
All Glory to God!

Amen Glory to God! :love:

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph 3

Glory to God said:
I couldnt resist, just found this.....

During an annual church convention in a prominent U.S. city, a waitress at a busy restaurant, noting the scarcity of tips left by visitors, declared, "These people come with a ten dollar bill and the Ten Commandments, and they don't break either one."
Sad but true, and the twist of lime to this is, those people would rather give that ten dollars to some big ego, rich preacher than help someone like that waitress, who is working their tush off just to get by. Don't make no sense to me now, but at one time I was just like that and did the same thing.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Glorytogod:

I agree with you about the importance of "attitude adjustments."

It is easy to be gracious to one who gives us good service or a quality product. It is difficult to bless those who are not customer service oriented or provide a bad product.

You are a blessing, thank you.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Glory to God said:
I couldnt resist, just found this.....

During an annual church convention in a prominent U.S. city, a waitress at a busy restaurant, noting the scarcity of tips left by visitors, declared, "These people come with a ten dollar bill and the Ten Commandments, and they don't break either one."

Now that was a priceless observation! You said it
better than I did in one sentence.

Great Post Bob! Keep em Comming~!

Great Post Bob! Keep em Comming~!

Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn. Deut 25:4

Your Friend in Christ JESUS, :love: Yeshua :boy_hug:

Bobinfaith said:
Dear Brothers and sisters,

Ever stop to think how we treat those who are providing a service to us if we are an employer?

Please read and meditate on Colossians 4:1, "Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven."

Of course my employees were not my slaves when I had my business at one time. Full job descriptions, fair pay, and honest training was the priority for my new hires. It is biblical to bring out the full talents that our Father provided for them so they can flourish and be better equipped for their personal careers and ministries.

Ordering from a live customer service person? Buying groceries at the check out stand? Eating at a restaurant? Having that mechanical problem fixed on your car? Having that technical problem fixed on your computer?

Please read and meditate on 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13, Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in LOVE because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

I experienced a waiter who was nervous taking my order at a nice restaurant. It was really busy that one Saturday night, we were celebrating our 20th and so I felt passion in my heart. It was not about us. We kept eye contact and smiled at him while he took our order. Jesus took it from there. He could sense we wanted the evening to be romantic, especially when I wanted to say the right things to Hazel and not discuss Talk Jesus but other topics. lol! But we took the time to thank him for his efforts and dinner was not even served yet. After dinner we ask him to summon the restaurant manager. When the manager came to our table, he was actually the owner. We shook his hand and thanked him for the wonderful service that his waiter and staff provided and it made our dinner very special.

In our hearts we gave all the glory to God. Its about representing Christ.

We have heard that the customer is always right. As Christians its not about being right, its about being Christ like. That waiter, mechanic, customer service representative, grocery clerk, and doctor has a skill that I don't have and am going to honor God for providing the blessing and provisions to make our lives a blessing for the moment.

Do you have a testimony about a service that you and your family experienced that may encourage all of us in how we can be better customers to our laborers? Please share?