• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Servant Leadership

Staff Member
"You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for [so] I am. "If I then, [your] Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. John 13:13-14

Jesus expanded what His followers thought about God and their teachers. If they were going to take over His ministry, they needed to exercise authority and teach others like Him. Never one to settle for teaching by words alone, Jesus took on the role of a servant and washed their feet. He wasn't afraid to disrupt their flawed understandings of authority in order to drive home His point about servant leadership.

Whether you're leading a team at work, a group at church, or just participating in an impromptu gathering, the principle remains the same. You might not literally wash anyone's fee, but Jesus' challenge to imitate His service to others remains.

As your responsibility and authority increase, your call to lead with humility and sacrifice expands as well. The greatest leaders will never hesitate to serve in a lower position or to make sacrifices.

Leaders can get trapped talking about how to build influence--or how to convince people to follow Jesus' way--but servant leadership couldn't be any simpler or more subversive. You are to serve others and to express your care for them. That's a message no one can miss.

Prayer: Lord, show me how to serve others today.