• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Seeking God’s Forgiveness and Blessing

Staff Member
Rather, you must seek the LORD your God at the place of worship he himself will choose from among all the tribes--the place where his name will be honored. Deuteronomy 12:5 NLT

As promised, here are four more important facts about seeking God:

• The ancient Israelites would seek God by going to the Tabernacle and later the Temple in Jerusalem—to confess their sins, offer sacrifices, pray, and then feast together as a family, often with invited guests (see 1 Chronicles 22:19; 2 Chronicles 11:16; Psalm 27:4; and Malachi 3:1).
  • Jesus linked seeking God with seeking His kingdom purposes and His will to be done here on earth. (See the Lord’s prayers in Matthew 3:2; 4:17; 6:9-13; and 7:10. Also see Mark 1:15 and Luke 11:2-4; 11:20; 21:31.)
  • Jesus taught that seeking God isn’t something you try once or twice. Instead, it requires commitment, diligence, endurance, and perseverance (see Matthew 7:7-8 and Luke 11:9-10).
  • Jesus is standing at the door of your heart—to enjoy an ongoing relationship with you. He says He wants to come in to celebrate and feast with you (see Revelation 3:20).
Prayer: Lord, You want me to open my heart to You every day. Yes, I open the door to You right now!

Active
It's painful to realize how many years have gone by without a good foundation within, isn't it?

It's very painful, friend.