• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Seeking Counsel

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established. Proverbs 15:22 NKJV

As Israel’s third monarch, Solomon had been charged with constructing the long-awaited temple in Jerusalem. The Bible says that tens of thousands of men worked on its construction (1 Kings 5:15-16). While God had given the king detailed plans for its layout, it’s probably safe to say that Solomon consulted with men who knew more about construction than he did.

Solomon was known for his wisdom, and he was probably wise enough to know that he needed some counsel from men who had the know-how needed to finish what God had assigned him to do.

It’s probably right to assume that most men who have accomplished great things for God’s kingdom didn’t work on a small island. Instead, they humbly turned to counselors and advisers who not only saw their work with “new eyes” but also gave them wise input and instruction when needed.

What has God assigned you to do? Do you have the wisdom and humility to turn to others? Who can give you the input you need to complete a current assignment successfully?

Prayer: Father, something inside me makes me an overly independent man who wants to make his own decisions without the help of others. Please put people in my life who can offer me solid input—and then give me the humility to listen and act on what they tell me.