• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Sealing>>Whats that?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I really got a bad kick back about once saved always saved !>> but we will talk why I believe in it and it is called sealed in the Holy Ghost !>> I see the Na>> mouth off but there is more to the story in the bible about once saved always saved >The Holy Ghost >>The OT Saints and the people that will be in the Trib! Is there even ONE on this forum understand what I'm threading about?!?!>> The Bible and Bible prophecy just blows the mind if you understand what comes from the GHOST! But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I will let it sit and see before I start. Enjoy

I have read some people that just chop .chop the bible for their own evil lusts and teach their minions their ways, but the bible flows like a river all that understand the flow >>it will blow your mind >>GodJesus Bless!

Staff Member
Oh, it's possible that some have evil lusts that motivate them, but one can also call it ignorance, or any other number of things. Mostly, I would say that it's attempting to look at Scripture Temporally instead of Spiritually.

Those who truly believe realize that when they are sealed by the Holy Spirit that they can also greave the Holy Spirit and be turned over to the Adversary.
Paul, makes this clear to the church in Corinth. Also, Scripture shows that one will change, in many ways. No one can stay the same who has come to the Lord at the foot of the Cross. If they don't. Then surely they were there to mock and not to repent! For truly they are only fooling themselves and not God who sees to the heart of each of us.

Sorry more important communications to make brother. Prayers appreciated.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Those who truly believe realize that when they are sealed by the Holy Spirit that they can also greave the Holy Spirit and be turned over to the Adversary.
Paul, makes this clear to the church in Corinth. Also, Scripture shows that one will change, in many ways. No one can stay the same who has come to the Lord at the foot of the Cross. If they don't. Then surely they were there to mock and not to repent! For truly they are only fooling themselves and not God who sees to the heart of each of us.> You blew a lot of wind but>>>NO<<<>> But you are not coming to the BIG point of sealing > Lets Rev it Up please> you missed the point!! >> Am I shocked???>>NO!

OK!!>> let start in the OT^>> and David>> C4>> as you do not want to leave my post so I will put it to you >> david and the Ghost in the Ot there is a reason to my maddness> can you tell me?>> as I said the bible is like a novel >> It starts and ends and every thing in between has a meaning to the end!

Staff Member
Please continue....as you say....there is a reason to your madness.
Though I would not have said that of you.

Staff Member
He cried out many times to God, Rant. Any specific time or place that you have in mind?

Staff Member
I will tell you now. As much as I enjoy this. I don't have much time tonight. Early day tomorrow and my age doesn't give me the recuperative abilities I had when I was young!!!

However, what you leave in response, I will endeavor to get to tomorrow.

Always, with the Love of Christ Jesus Rant.
YBIC
Nick
<><

C4>. you just want to fight>> I have set the story that is in the bible and what do you come in with>>
Christ4Ever, 6 minutes ago
New Please continue....as you say....there is a reason to your madness.
Though I would not have said that of you. >>>MMM and you a monitor >> I take it not to get involved >>MMMM and then threaten me because of your own Biased!

Loyal
Psa 51:10; Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psa 51:11; Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

1 Sam 16:14; Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him.

Jdgs 16:20l She said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep and said, "I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." But he did not know that the LORD had departed from him.

Of course only certain people had the Holy Spirit upon them in the OT. But back to the question about being "sealed".
A letter in olden times was "sealed". Often with a wax seal, perhaps with an embedded emblem of the person who sent it.
The seal did not prevent the other person from opening it. It simply let them know if someone else had opened it.

No one can take the Holy Spirit away from you. But you are certainly capable of walking away from Him if you decide to do so.

Heb 6:4; For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5; and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Heb 6:6; and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Sealing is a very intro thing , it only is in the time of the dispensation of grace! the church age! The holy ghost comes into the true believer and we are sealed by the Ghost, It did not happen in the OT or it will not happen in the tribulation > this is a special thing that only happens in the church age !! the only sealing that will be done in Jacobs troubles will be the 144,000 virgin Jews and that is it >>Enjoy your special statice, once the church is gone so is the sealing!

Thank God that the Holy Spirit is like a "seal." Brothers and sisters, do you know why the sealing is needed and what "the seal" means? Second Timothy 2:19 says, "Having this seal, [1] The Lord knows those who are His, and, [2] Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness." Therefore, there are two meanings to the sealing. First, once something is sealed, it signifies that the thing belongs to the man who sealed it. Second, what is being sealed bears the resemblance of the seal. "The Lord knows those who are His," indicates that all those who are sealed by the Lord belong to Him. "And, Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness," indicates that all those sealed by the Lord should bear His image. The first meaning of the sealing is that we belong to the Lord. The second meaning is that we are the same as the Lord and bear His image. For instance, when I put a seal on an envelope with sealing wax, the seal on the envelope is just like my seal. Sometimes we see sons that look like their fathers and daughters that look like their mothers. We say that they must have come out of the same mold. This is the second meaning of the Holy Spirit as a seal. Therefore, the Holy Spirit as a seal tells us two things. First, I belong to Him; second, I should bear His image, for He is holy.

God has not only sealed us with the Holy Spirit as a seal, indicating that we belong to Him now, but has also told us that we are sealed unto the day of redemption. Hence, Ephesians 4:30 says, "You were sealed unto the day of redemption." It does not say "for a while" but "unto the day of redemption." What does "the day of redemption" refer to? It refers to the day our body is redeemed and raptured. When the Lord comes to reap and rapture the believers, there will be some in Shanghai, some in Southeast Asia, some in China, some in England, some in Africa, and some elsewhere. How can the Lord recognize His people? It is by the seal. The seal is just for the day of redemption. Where there is the seal, there will be no confusion and no mistake. God is like the lumber merchant. He only accepts those who belong to Him according to His seal. Those without the Holy Spirit are not His, and He will not accept them. Those with the Holy Spirit are His, and He will reap, raise them up, and take them home at the proper time.

As those who have the seal of God, our only responsibilities are, on the one hand, to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin and believe that everything that is against such an image has been dealt with by the Lord’s cross. On the other hand, we have to consecrate ourselves to God and let the Holy Spirit live out God’s life. When we fail and stumble, we still have not lost the image given by God’s seal; we have only covered up this image and not lived out a life that is of God. Are You Rapture Ready?

You just proved my point>>>>Psa 51:11; Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

1 Sam 16:14; Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him. In the OT the holy Ghost did not seal!!>> he could depart from them but in the time of grace you are sealed!!

Staff Member
OK!!>> let start in the OT^>> and David>> C4>> as you do not want to leave my post so I will put it to you >> david and the Ghost in the Ot there is a reason to my maddness> can you tell me?>> as I said the bible is like a novel >> It starts and ends and every thing in between has a meaning to the end!
And I am not going to stay from this thread TOO MUCH !
Please continue....as you say....there is a reason to your madness.
Though I would not have said that of you.
David Cries to the Lord Not to do WHAT??>> I will help you along and Why? C4
He cried out many times to God, Rant. Any specific time or place that you have in mind?
I will tell you now. As much as I enjoy this. I don't have much time tonight. Early day tomorrow and my age doesn't give me the recuperative abilities I had when I was young!!!

However, what you leave in response, I will endeavor to get to tomorrow.

Always, with the Love of Christ Jesus Rant.
YBIC
Nick
<><
C4>. you just want to fight>> I have set the story that is in the bible and what do you come in with>>
Christ4Ever, 6 minutes ago
New Please continue....as you say....there is a reason to your madness.
Though I would not have said that of you. >>>MMM and you a monitor >> I take it not to get involved >>MMMM and then threaten me because of your own Biased!
All I can assume is that you have an agenda and it does not include being questioned, at least by me. I have been nothing but honest with you, but somehow you've allowed whatever I have said to you to be twisted into something totally not evident to an objective minded individual.

So, be it. I will desist from questioning you for the time being.

However, I will continue to follow your postings. Don't take it personal either. As a Moderator, I truly attempt to read as many if not all of the postings made, regardless of who has made them. :smile:

With Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
<><