• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Sea food

Active
Do you like it?

I am afraid I am very conservative in my diet and apart from prawns a few times, I have never felt the urge for seafood - apart from well cooked fish which I quite enjoy. Now in my older years even prawns are not at all appealing.

I worry about parasites and food poisoning too, because I think certain shellfish is eaten raw. Surely that is a risky business? Yet people seem to love oysters and lobster and such and are willing to pay a great deal.

Loyal
Do you like it?

I am afraid I am very conservative in my diet and apart from prawns a few times, I have never felt the urge for seafood - apart from well cooked fish which I quite enjoy. Now in my older years even prawns are not at all appealing.

I worry about parasites and food poisoning too, because I think certain shellfish is eaten raw. Surely that is a risky business? Yet people seem to love oysters and lobster and such and are willing to pay a great deal.
Hi @Christina2000,

I do eat cooked prawns, yet time and again I have felt inwardly a revulsion against them, because I have read that they themselves eat decaying organic matter, and my imagination does the rest! :worried:

Chris

Loyal
'These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters:
whatsoever hath fins and scales
in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
And all that have not fins and scales
in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters,
and of any living thing which is in the waters,
they shall be an abomination unto you:
They shall be even an abomination unto you;
ye shall not eat of their flesh,
but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters,
that shall be an abomination unto you.'
(Lev 11:9-12)

* Prawns were not to be eaten it seems, for they have no fins and no scales. Not that we are under the law of course, but it adds another layer of thought to your question Christina. I had shrimps last night in a chow mien take away!!

:)

Active
God made all animals good to eat. He had to tell that one guy 3x to "Go and eat."
Yours, mine, and her's subjective diet choices are our own.
For some, that OT diet isn't doable. I had a classmate back while getting my degree who is LDS. We spoke on it and I didn't know a lot about them. No coffee. No chocolate. No alcohol. According to him, some set their diets while others adhere strictly to that diet.
"It is not what goes into a man's mouth that makes him dirty but what comes out of it."

Active
Do you like it?

If you don't like sea food, don't eat it.