• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Scriptures that explain the prophecies of Jesus

Loyal
There are literally dozens of verses in the New Testament, where it explains how something Jesus did related to a prophecy.
Here are a few examples.

Matt 1:22; Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
Matt 1:23; "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Matt 2:5; They said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea; for this is what has been written by the prophet:
Matt 2:6; 'AND YOU, BETHLEHEM, LAND OF JUDAH, ARE BY NO MEANS LEAST AMONG THE LEADERS OF JUDAH; FOR OUT OF YOU SHALL COME FORTH A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.'"

Matt 2:14; So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt.
Matt 2:15; He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Matt 2:17; Then what had been spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled:
Matt 2:18; "A VOICE WAS HEARD IN RAMAH, WEEPING AND GREAT MOURNING, RACHEL WEEPING FOR HER CHILDREN; AND SHE REFUSED TO BE COMFORTED, BECAUSE THEY WERE NO MORE."

Matt 4:14; This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
Matt 4:15; "THE LAND OF ZEBULUN AND THE LAND OF NAPHTALI, BY THE WAY OF THE SEA, BEYOND THE JORDAN, GALILEE OF THE GENTILES—
Matt 4:16; "THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED."

Matt 12:17; This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet:
Matt 12:18; "BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN; MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES.
Matt 12:19; "HE WILL NOT QUARREL, NOR CRY OUT; NOR WILL ANYONE HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS.
Matt 12:20; "A BATTERED REED HE WILL NOT BREAK OFF, AND A SMOLDERING WICK HE WILL NOT PUT OUT, UNTIL HE LEADS JUSTICE TO VICTORY.
Matt 12:21; "AND IN HIS NAME THE GENTILES WILL HOPE."

Now of course there are many more "not so obvious" prophecies about Jesus. But isn't it great when the Bible openly explains the obvious ones to us.
With this in mind, how could anyone doubt that Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ.

Loyal
An example of a "less obvious prophetic correlation" would be Abraham and Isaac.

Gen 22:2; He said, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you."

Now of course there another "only Son" who was offered up as a sacrifice on a mountain as well, in the New Testament.

Gen 22:5; Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go over there; and we will worship and return to you."

In this verse Abraham tells his servants to stay behind, Abraham and Isaac went up the mountain alone. Much like the disciples abandoned Jesus on His way up the hill.

Abraham and Isaac had to carry the wood up the hill. Much like Jesus carried a wooden cross up a hill.

Gen 22:6; Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the two of them walked on together.

Gen 22:8; Abraham said, "God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." So the two of them walked on together.

Now of course in the New Testament, the story is slightly different, but in the end... God did provide a Lamb. (that takes away the sins of the world).

Now of course, Isaac didn't die in the story. Jesus died, but He isn't dead now.

Gen 22:2; He said, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you."

Where is Moriah? Jerusalem. The same place Some one else was sacrificed.