• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Saved because of His Mercy

Staff Member
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:5 NKJV

You’ve probably heard people say that as long as they do lots of good stuff and not too much bad stuff, then they’re good with God and will go to heaven when they die. All that volunteering at the soup kitchen and giving to charity has to count for something, right?

While the Bible encourages people to perform acts of kindness for others, it also teaches that no one can be saved based on things they do. Salvation, it teaches, isn’t earned. Instead, it’s a gift from God based solely on His marvelous, amazing mercy and grace.

Again, there is nothing anyone can do to earn God’s salvation. It’s a gift from a generous, loving, forgiving God. Even better, nothing in anyone’s past that can disqualify that person from salvation.

Don’t put down the soup ladle. Don’t stop writing checks to your favorite ministry. Keep in mind that you do those things because you’ve been saved, not because you think they will save you. God has already taken care of that!

Prayer: Precious Savior, You transformed me through the power of Your love and Your Holy Spirit. Humble me and help me focus on the fact that I’m not saved because of any good I’ve done, but because You have shown me mercy.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son will not see life for the wrath of God remains upon him. John 3:36
And being made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him... Heb 5:9
... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 1 Thes 1:7-8

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Matt 7:21

And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:17

But be doers of the Word, not hearers only, deceiving yourself. James 1:22

You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. James 2:19-26

To God alone be glory.

((Oops forgot this part!))

But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Mark 13:13 & Matt 24:13 & Matt 10:22
The one who conquers and who keeps My works until the end... Rev 2:26