• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Satan Has Children ( Seed Doctrine --The Last time )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active

The first time I heard this(Serpent Seed Doctrine) I was very skeptical and many respectable members on this site shared that it is not an established truth in the body of Christ. However, please help me understand how you would respond to this video. I'm trying to learn; not share a position.

If what the author claims is right, wouldn't that make perfect sense regarding why Jesus talks about
the fact that we must be born again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Greetings,

about the 21 minute mark.
there are words for that sort of rubbish which are best not written here

Bless you ....><>

Active

The first time I heard this(Serpent Seed Doctrine) I was very skeptical and many respectable members on this site shared that it is not an established truth in the body of Christ. However, please help me understand how you would respond to this video. I'm trying to learn; not share a position.

If what the author claims is right, wouldn't that make perfect sense regarding why Jesus talks about
I listened to the whole video. It is very interesting. The speaker, I believe, is on the right track though some things he says have not been completely understood by him. He is very young.

I do agree that satan has a seed. (Gen. 3:15) points that out clearly. And if the seed of the woman is to be understood as 'physical', then so also should the seed of the serpent. It is not just physical, but it is physical.

Was the eating of the fruit a physical sexual encounter, as the speaker suggests? It could be, but I then wonder about Adam eating the fruit also. He was not deceived. But he ate. And what of the command of God. (Gen 2:15-17) So, I believe the fruit was real fruit upon the tree as said by God. But did the eating of the fruit by Eve result in some sort of sexual activity? Certainly could be after she was fallen. It is quite interesting that sex and the occult always go together. Always. And Eve, when she fell was certainly involved in the darkest endeavor of a false belief, though by deception. But arn't all who are in occults?

If one does not believe that sex had anything to do with the fall of Eve, we still have to account for a seed coming from her and Adam which is not of God, but of satan. As the speaker pointed out in (1 John 3:12) that Cain was 'of' that wicked one. So there was something that transferred to Adam and Eve that gave another seed line the ability to be born from them. This is why Cain was of the wicked one. This is why God hated Esau even before he was born. (Rom. 9:11-13)

This sort of thing cannot be understood without understanding the doctrine of election, as (Rom. 9:11) says. And this is where I would say that the speaker has not thought out his statement that all who are not born-again, or all who reject Jesus Christ, are sons of satan. Just because one is not born-again, does not mean he is a son of the devil. It means he is lost. But he still may be a child of God in origin. He just doesn't know it yet as he has not yet come to Christ. But he will.

So my point is this. We cannot know who the children of satan are and who the children of God are in viewing lost humanity. We just know that it is true that all are born one way or another. When we bring the Gospel to a person, and he believes, we do know that person is a child of God. And according to the doctrine of election was always a child of God though he/her was lost. But, just because one may reject the Gospel that you bring at that time does not give us the authority to say they are a child of satan. We still don't know. They may turn to Christ at a later date.

God knows who all are. As did Jesus Christ. This is why Christ could tell the Pharisees He was speaking to that they were of the seed of satan. (John 8:44,47) (John 10:26) He knew their origin. Not all who were Pharisees were of satan. Many later believed. (John 3:1-21) (Acts 15:5)

We need to think about the term 'lost'. To be lost means you had to first be owned by the One Who you are lost to. So when God loses those who are His, He will get them back. Every single one. The 'lost' are not everyone in the world who do not know Christ. The 'lost' are the children of God who do not yet know they are the children of God. They are lost in the world. Those who are children of satan, never were lost as they never were of God. It is not up to us to know who all are, but God certainly knows who all are.

This is not something you have to agree on. But, I would not discard it. In the course of your Bible studies you may find it helpful and true.

Quantrill

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Greetings,

we do need to somewhat careful of our use of words. for obvious reasons, especially in handling the Word of Life.

A little leaven leavens the whole lump, we are told.

Regarding the idea of being 'lost', what does this bring to our mind? Can't be found? Missing? Don't know where it is/they are?

Interesting you might find that 'lost' as used generally in the New Testament as suggested above means much more AND if we would consider the roughly 14 times we read 'lost' in out translations, in the light of it's meaning we might see more of how the Scriptures all tie together perfectly, even if differently to that which we might at first think:

lost
HELPS Word-studies
622 apóllymi (from 575 /apó, "away from," which intensifies ollymi, "to destroy") – properly, fully destroy, cutting off entirely (note the force of the prefix, 575 /apó).

622 /apóllymi ("violently/completely perish") implies permanent (absolute) destruction, i.e. to cancel out (remove); "to die, with the implication of ruin and destruction" (L & N, 1, 23.106); cause to be lost (utterly perish) by experiencing a miserable end.

[This is also the meaning of 622 /apóllymi dating back to Homer (900 bc.]

Copyright © 1987, 2011 by Helps Ministries, Inc.

Strong's Concordance
apollumi: to destroy, destroy utterly
Original Word: ἀπόλλυμι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: apollumi
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ol'-loo-mee)
Definition: to destroy, destroy utterly
Usage: (a) I kill, destroy, (b) I lose, mid: I am perishing (the resultant death being viewed as certain).

So, what does lost mean, pertaining to God?
We need to think about the term 'lost'. To be lost means you had to first be owned by the One Who you are lost to. So when God loses those who are His, He will get them back. Every single one. The 'lost' are not everyone in the world who do not know Christ. The 'lost' are the children of God who do not yet know they are the children of God. They are lost in the world. Those who are children of satan, never were lost as they never were of God. It is not up to us to know who all are, but God certainly knows who all are.

Bless you ....><>

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Go here and have a read for more info about this (false) teaching

also, this doctrine was propagated in recent times by one William Branham
Among other things he said/taught (for example):

Actual quote: William Branham stated, “What did he do? He begin making love to Eve. And he lived with her as a husband. And she saw it was pleasant, so she went and told her husband; but she was already pregnant by Satan. And she brought forth her first son whose name was Cain, the son of Satan.”

Actual Branham quote: “And if the serpent’s seed was spiritual, then Jesus was not a man, so the woman’s Seed was spiritual. They both had seeds, and the enmity is still there. The serpent had a seed. And if you’ll just take your Bible and get down and be real reverent before God, I believe God will reveal it to you.”

and see here:

The Serpent's Seed

In spite of his apparent humility and consecration, Branham had great difficulty controlling a strident, hateful attitude toward women. In his own poor English, transcribed from a sermon, Branham stated, "But I remember when my father's still up there running, I had to be out there with water and stuff, see young ladies that wasn't over seventeen, eighteen years, up there with a man my age now, drunk. And they'd have to sober them up and give them black coffee, to get them home to cook their husband's supper. Oh, something like that, I said, 'I...This was my remarked [sic] then, THEY'RE NOT WORTH A GOOD CLEAN BULLET TO KILL THEM WITH IT.' That's right. And I hated women. That's right. And I just have to watch every move now, to keep from still thinking the same thing." 25

This attitude toward women may have played a part in the development of Branham's bizarre "Serpent Seed" teaching. This was based on a twisted interpretation of Genesis 3:13, where Eve is recorded as saying, "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat." The word "beguiled" Branham defined as "seduced sexually." He claimed that Satan and Eve engaged in an adulterous affair out of which Cain was born. Since that time evil has passed from generation to generation through women, who keep the seed of the serpent alive. 26 He seemed to think that women are responsible for the evil in the world because of their enticements.

The "Serpent's Seed" teaching obviously indicated that Branham didn't take the Scriptures literally, where we read, "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bare Cain..." (Genesis 4:1).

His animosity toward women led to the preaching of a rigid moral code that lambasted them on their manner of dress, and may have been responsible for his "revelation" that allowed for divorce.27
from: William Branham - Branhamism (recommend visiting this page and get a more detailed run down on Branham and his false teachings, one of which is The Serpent's Seed)

for example:
The followers of William Branham believe that he is a prophet sent from God and that we are living in the Age of Laodicea or the final church age. God revealed his word through William Branham (called Brother Branham), Brother Branham is the Voice of God to we who are living in the end-time. The beliefs of the "Branhamites" center around the teachings and revelations of William Branham, especially "The Revelation of the Seven Seals" and "The Seven Church Ages" They do not believe in the Trinity and feel that the denominations do not have the full revelation of Jesus Christ. One of the more radical beliefs of the group is that of Serpent Seed which states that the first sin committed occurred when Eve engaged in sexual activities with the Serpent in the Garden of Eden thus causing "the fall of man."

and
if that is not enough, go here:

another false teacher was William Guy Carr (1895-1959)

for example:
“In “News Behind the News” I published evidence which strongly indicates that Satan cursed our first parents to defect from God, causing Eve to indulge in 'perversions' of sex, on the promise that if she accepted his advances and followed his advice, he would teach her the secrets of procreation, thus making her and Adam the equal of God in power. I pointed out that the Luciferian Creed teaches that Satan initiated her into the pleasures of sexual intercourse. We used the word 'perversions' in the sense that what the Devil taught Eve in regard to sex and sexual behavior were practices contrary to sexual relationship as God intended should exist between a man and his wife.” —Commander William Guy Carr, a quote from his book, “Satan: Prince Of This World,” page 9.

“By perversion of sex we mean that Satan taught Eve how to use sexual relations to gratify animal passion and carnal desires.” —Commander William Guy Carr, a quote from his book, “Satan: Prince Of This World,” page 18.

“In the international lodges of the Grand Orient and Pike’s New Palladian Rite, adepts are required to accept as TRUTH, that Masonry really originated with Cain. They are told that Satan, whom they name Ebilis, conferred on the human race the greatest benefaction possible when he defeated God’s (Adonay’s) plot to keep the knowledge of sexual behaviour, and the secret of procreation, from our first parents. The initiates are told that Ebilis initiated Eve into the pleasures of sexual intercourse, and taught her the secret of procreation, and thus made her and Adam equal in power to God. The initiate is also told that, as the result of the sexual relationship Eve gave birth to Cain, who started the movement (Masonry), and put the Luciferian ideology into effect here as it is in that part of the celestial world over which Lucifer reigns.” —Commander William Guy Carr, a quote from his book, “Satan: Prince Of This World,” page 21.

“Satanism was encouraged in the lower degrees of the Grand Orient Lodges established by Weishaupt, as it was in the lower degrees of the New and Reformed Palladian Rite as organized by Albert Pike nearly a hundred years later when he took over the direction of the Luciferian conspiracy. Satanism was, and still is, celebrated at the Black Mass. This has often been referred to as 'The Witches Sunday.' The Black Mass perpetuates Sataris initiation of Eve into the pleasures of sexual intercourse and the secret of procreation. Adepts are reminded that Satan thus conferred the greatest benefaction possible upon the human race.” —Commander William Guy Carr, a quote from his book, “Satan: Prince Of This World,” page 45.

====================================================================
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ, SEE, HEAR AND THINK ABOUT

Loyal
Think about it. Do you know anyone who has had children that one or more turned unto the Lord for salvation, but the other maybe never came to salvation? The one that never accepted Jesus as their savior, does that mean the Devil came had sexual intercourse with their mother, and that is why they never got saved?

The truth is we all started out as a child of darkness, and then through the Gospel message, we became "light" in the Lord.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye, therefore, partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Active
@Bro. Bear

Myself I have never heard of Branham or Carr. So, it is not their influence that contributes to what I said in post #(3). I believe the doctrine deserves consideration for the reasons I gave which were all Scriptural. Do you disagree with the Scriptural points I made. If so, why, and give your explanation.

You want to call this 'false doctrine' yet you do not present why it is false. Do not quote me Branham and Carr or Wikipedia. I did not say what I said in post #(3) based on them. I said what I said because Scripturally, it appears to be very possible.

That is like saying 'Dispensationalism' is false doctrine because you do not agree with it. And you blame John Nelson Darby as if he is a false prophet.

Quantrill

Active
Think about it. Do you know anyone who has had children that one or more turned unto the Lord for salvation, but the other maybe never came to salvation? The one that never accepted Jesus as their savior, does that mean the Devil came had sexual intercourse with their mother, and that is why they never got saved?

The truth is we all started out as a child of darkness, and then through the Gospel message, we became "light" in the Lord.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye, therefore, partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Sure, I can name you one very easily. Adam and Eve bore Cain and Able. Or, is that not good enough? How many descendants have Adam and Eve spawned who are both believers and non-believers. Also, there is Isaac's sons, Jacob and Esau. One is a believer and one is not. One is of God and one is of the devil.

Believers are never children of the devil because they never were children of the devil even before they were saved. We were children of wrath, because we were not yet saved, but never children of the devil. We were in darkness, but we were never children of the darkness. (Eph. 2:2-3)

Unless ones origin is right, being 'of God', then he cannot even see the Kingdom of God. (John 3:3) And until he is born-again, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

So, you see. The lost believer is still of God. But he is lost. The Gospel comes. It resonates with him because he is of God and he believes, and is born-again. Those who are children of the devil are not from above, they are from below. That is their origin. (John 8:23) They are not lost. They never were of God. They are at home in this world where satan is the prince.

Quantrill

Loyal
Sure, I can name you one very easily. Adam and Eve bore Cain and Able. Or, is that not good enough? How many descendants have Adam and Eve spawned who are both believers and non-believers. Also, there is Isaac's sons, Jacob and Esau. One is a believer and one is not. One is of God and one is of the devil.

Believers are never children of the devil because they never were children of the devil even before they were saved. We were children of wrath, because we were not yet saved, but never children of the devil. We were in darkness, but we were never children of the darkness. (Eph. 2:2-3)

Unless ones origin is right, being 'of God', then he cannot even see the Kingdom of God. (John 3:3) And until he is born-again, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

So, you see. The lost believer is still of God. But he is lost. The Gospel comes. It resonates with him because he is of God and he believes, and is born-again. Those who are children of the devil are not from above, they are from below. That is their origin. (John 8:23) They are not lost. They never were of God. They are at home in this world where satan is the prince.

Quantrill
If someone never accepts Jesus as their savior, at what point in time does that person become a child of the devil?

1Jn 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

There is no such thing as being between a child of God, and a child of the Devil!

Active
If someone never accepts Jesus as their savior, at what point in time does that person become a child of the devil?

1Jn 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

There is no such thing as being between a child of God, and a child of the Devil!
They were always children of the devil.

I never said there is any 'between' being a child of God and a child of the devil. I said they are either a child of God or a child of the devil at their very origin. At their very birth into this life.

Concerning (1 John 3:10) you should realize that John is not like Paul in that he is arguing or presenting a theological doctrine with an end in view. He gives quick contrasts to combat a heresy that is entering the church. So he can say in (1 John 1:8-10) that we are sinners. And to suggest otherwise is making God a liar. But then he says in (1 John 3:9) and (5:18) , that the believer does not sin.

John is drawing the contrast between the disciples ,the believers around them, as opposed to those who are trying to enter the church with their false doctrines whose open sinful lifestyle was evident. As was their disregard for the teaching of the disciples.

So yes, if you can identify to me one who 'cannot sin, because he is born of God', (1 John 3:9), as one who is a child of God then your use of (1 John 3:10) will work. So do you know any believer who 'cannot sin'? Have you quit sinning? Does that mean you are not a child of God?

Quantrill

Loyal
So yes, if you can identify to me one who 'cannot sin, because he is born of God', (1 John 3:9), as one who is a child of God then your use of (1 John 3:10) will work. So do you know any believer who 'cannot sin'? Have you quit sinning? Does that mean you are not a child of God?
The divine nature in every a born again person can never sin because that is Christ in them (Christ can never sin). All Christians sin because of their flesh, but not according to their new nature in them.

Loyal
I never said there is any 'between' being a child of God and a child of the devil. I said they are either a child of God or a child of the devil at their very origin.
Nobody is born a child of God!! You become a child of God through faith in Jesus by grace. (Eph 2:12-13)

Active
The divine nature in every a born again person can never sin because that is Christ in them (Christ can never sin). All Christians sin because of their flesh, but not according to their new nature in them.
And that is my point in John's use of quick contrasting statements. That the works of the devil can be identified in his children, and the works of God can be identified in his children is true. Their works will manifest who they are. But if a believer falls into sin, that does not make him a child of the devil though he may guilty of the same sin. Just as if a child of the devil through deception does good things, it does not make him a child of God.

Quantrill

Active
Nobody is born a child of God!! You become a child of God through faith in Jesus by grace. (Eph 2:12-13)
True. We are born-again and become children of God. Before that time we are lost.

But I am speaking of our origin. Are we of God or are we of the devil. As (John 3:3) says, "...Except a man be born again (from above) he cannot see the kingdom of God" Parenthesis mine. That is not the new birth. That speaks to origin.

Then comes the new birth. (John 3:5) "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Just as Jesus said to certain Pharisees. (John 8:23) "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

Just as Jesus said to Nicodemus. (John 3:13) "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Will we not ascend to heaven one day? One way or the other. Which means our origin must have always been from God. If you say the only reason we ascend to heaven is because we have been born-again, well that is true. But what I am saying is that you have been born-again because you origin was always from God.

As I said earlier, the speaker of the video shown needs to clarify some things based on the doctrine of election. Which I have no doubt he will in the future.

Quantrill

Loyal
But I am speaking of our origin. Are we of God or are we of the devil. As (John 3:3) says, "...Except a man be born again (from above) he cannot see the kingdom of God" Parenthesis mine. That is not the new birth. That speaks to origin.
Everything has it's "origin" in Jesus Christ who created all things.(John 1:3) God does not create things without a "purpose", and the purpose was. "......all things were created by him, and for him:"(Col 1:16) The problem is mankind had fallen into darkness, which makes him a "child of darkness from birth". The only fix for that is a man must be "born" "again" (born from above) in order to restore man back to God's original purpose.

Active
Everything has it's "origin" in Jesus Christ who created all things.(John 1:3) God does not create things without a "purpose", and the purpose was. "......all things were created by him, and for him:"(Col 1:16) The problem is mankind had fallen into darkness, which makes him a "child of darkness from birth". The only fix for that is a man must be "born" "again" (born from above) in order to restore man back to God's original purpose.
Yes, everything has it's origin in God and Christ. Yes, God always creates with purpose. Yes, all things were created by Christ and for Christ. Yes, man has fallen into sin and is in darkness and is lost. But that doesn't make every man a child of darkness. Yes, man must be born-again.

Though most of what you say is true, it does not answer to the two types of persons born of Adam and Eve. Those of God, and those of satan. All that you said is true of mankind., except that all are not children of darkness. To be a child of darkness means more than being in darkness. satan can be in the light, but he is not a child of the light. Even before his fall, satan was in the darkness. And he in turn spawns children of darkness.

You equate John's use of being 'born from above' with being 'born-again'. But as I showed you in (John 3:3-5) these are two separate acts with different results. Just as Christ identified the same with certain Jews He was speaking to. (John 10:26) "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you." Christ did not say you are not my sheep because you don't believe. He said you don't believe because you are not my sheep.

The sheep may be lost and in darkness, but they are lost sheep. They are not lost pigs or dogs. If you're not a sheep you won't believe. If you are a sheep, you will believe. (John 3:3) "Except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God" Or in other words, "Except a man be a sheep, he will not believe".

Quantrill

Loyal
Nonsense. Bad interpretation.

It seems some Christians take the Bible for what it says.
Others "interpret" what it says. Twist it to fit their teachings.

Active

I personally find this title offensive.

I really dont care what you guys dig up in scripture to contest me. All humans have the potential to be saved.

Active
Nonsense. Bad interpretation.

It seems some Christians take the Bible for what it says.
Others "interpret" what it says. Twist it to fit their teachings.
Why 'nonsense'? Where is the twisting and bad interpretation?

Quantrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jaboyle100 Devotionals 10
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
J Water Cooler 2