• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Salvation of Israel

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Many churches believe that God will restore Israel at some point in the future.

Ezek 37:21; "Say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;
Ezek 37:22; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.
Ezek 37:23; "They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

Now of course part of this came true in 1948 when Israel became a nation. But it seems at some point Israel will return to God.

Zeph 3:14; Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Zeph 3:15; The LORD has taken away His judgments against you, He has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; You will fear disaster no more.
Zeph 3:16; In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: "Do not be afraid, O Zion; Do not let your hands fall limp.
Zeph 3:17; "The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
Zeph 3:18; "I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts—They came from you, O Zion; The reproach of exile is a burden on them.
Zeph 3:19; "Behold, I am going to deal at that time With all your oppressors, I will save the lame And gather the outcast, And I will turn their shame into praise and renown In all the earth.
Zeph 3:20; "At that time I will bring you in, Even at the time when I gather you together; Indeed, I will give you renown and praise Among all the peoples of the earth, When I restore your fortunes before your eyes," Says the LORD.

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Rom 11:26; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
Rom 11:27; "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."
Rom 11:28; From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;
Rom 11:29; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Rom 11:30; For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience,

But it seems this wont happen until the "fullness of the Gentiles" has been reached.
And yet there are many who think God has turned His back on Israel forever.

Active
There seems to be a conflict over who Israel is. Israel in the flesh would be just Jacobs sons and their descendants. The tribe of Judah (judah was one of the twelves sons) who had Jerusalem, (known as the Jews) were not allowing the rest of Israel to worship at the temple. They did make a few concessions but basically barred anyone who wasnt jewish entry, and also kept out gentiles.

But Jesus made a way, and also extended his invitation to gentiles to he grafted in to Israel, while cutting off those who did not abide in Him. This is how Abrahams promise is realised.

Loyal
What is the relationship between the Church and Israel (Jews) ? What will it be like in the 1,000 year reign of Christ I mean what will the role be of the Jew compared to the Gentile?

Loyal
There seems to be a conflict over who Israel is. Israel in the flesh would be just Jacobs sons and their descendants.
What is the relationship between the Church and Israel (Jews) ? What will it be like in the 1,000 year reign of Christ I mean what will the role be of the Jew compared to the Gentile?
It would be an interesting study. I myself need to study it more.

That whole Romans 2:26-29; and Romans 11:16-30; has a lot to it. Is there is a difference between the "wild" olive branches and the "natural" olive branches?
I believe we can "spiritually" become a Jew... but not biologically. It does appear that God has a different plan for Israel. But I'm not sure what all that means.

Loyal
For some reason, God picked Israel out of all the countries in the world.

Deut 7:6; "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
Deut 7:7; "The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any of the peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples,

Deut 14:2; "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

This is repeated by Peter in the new testament.

1 Pet 2:9; But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

God made some promises to Israel, that I think still stand today.

Gen 12:3; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (through Abraham)

Gen 27:29; May peoples serve you, And nations bow down to you; Be master of your brothers, And may your mother's sons bow down to you. Cursed be those who curse you, And blessed be those who bless you." (through Jacob)

==========================================================================

Matt 15:22; And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed."
Matt 15:23; But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us."
Matt 15:24; But He answered and said, [COLOR=red]"I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." [/COLOR]
Matt 15:25; But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!"
Matt 15:26; And He answered and said, [COLOR=red]"It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." [/COLOR]
Matt 15:27; But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."

Initially Jesus says... He was sent "only" for the house of Israel. (Jacob)
Some people are offended because Jesus appears to be calling Gentiles (in this case a Canaanite woman) "dogs".
But I personally don't think He means this in a derogatory way. Simply that Israel was His priority at that time.

Active
It would be an interesting study. I myself need to study it more.

That whole Romans 2:26-29; and Romans 11:16-30; has a lot to it. Is there is a difference between the "wild" olive branches and the "natural" olive branches?
I believe we can "spiritually" become a Jew... but not biologically. It does appear that God has a different plan for Israel. But I'm not sure what all that means.
The only difference between the wild and the natural is the natural is cultivated and the wild is not, but God grafts them together to become one tree. The root is from israel, the ones grafted in are the wild ones (gentiles), the ones cut off were the jews, but the jews can also be grafted in again when they come to Christ.

It was only the jewish tribe that was against Jesus. However the centre of Gods Kingdom will be from Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified. God wants to cultivate both olive trees together. See revelation 11 (two witnesses) and Ezekiel 37 (the stick joined together) also ephesians 1 (gentiles and jews)

Israel will widen its borders to include all believers. To become a jew the mark of the covenant was originally circumcision, (all males cut from the eighth day of birth) but believers are now circumcised in the heart.

Many churches believe that God will restore Israel at some point in the future.

Ezek 37:21; "Say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;
Ezek 37:22; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.
Ezek 37:23; "They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

Now of course part of this came true in 1948 when Israel became a nation. But it seems at some point Israel will return to God.

Zeph 3:14; Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Zeph 3:15; The LORD has taken away His judgments against you, He has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; You will fear disaster no more.
Zeph 3:16; In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: "Do not be afraid, O Zion; Do not let your hands fall limp.
Zeph 3:17; "The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
Zeph 3:18; "I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts—They came from you, O Zion; The reproach of exile is a burden on them.
Zeph 3:19; "Behold, I am going to deal at that time With all your oppressors, I will save the lame And gather the outcast, And I will turn their shame into praise and renown In all the earth.
Zeph 3:20; "At that time I will bring you in, Even at the time when I gather you together; Indeed, I will give you renown and praise Among all the peoples of the earth, When I restore your fortunes before your eyes," Says the LORD.

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Rom 11:26; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
Rom 11:27; "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."
Rom 11:28; From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;
Rom 11:29; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Rom 11:30; For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience,

But it seems this wont happen until the "fullness of the Gentiles" has been reached.
And yet there are many who think God has turned His back on Israel forever.
I must ask how and would God want to save physical Israel as it is part of the U.N. which is supporting any antigod nations with clam to pursue peace and the members of the U.N. are all ready to go to war and kill each other against the teachings of God and Christ?
BT