• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Safe Passage

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But He made His own people go forth like sheep, And guided them in the wilderness like a flock; Psalm 78:52

The reading from Psalm 78 today covers God's faithfulness to His people. It chronicles the way He sent plagues on His enemies, destroying their crops, killing their livestock, and revealing His anger against them. Meanwhile, He led His own people to safety, brought them to the border of His holy land, and gave It to them as an inheritance.

Your circumstances might not always seem to be clear-cut. Sometimes the wicked seem to prevail for a period of time, and sometimes God's people aren't always kept safe. But you can count on God to both make all things right in the end and to bring you home to ultimate safety in heaven.

Don't get so caught up in the news or in observing the way that the wicked seem to prevail that it causes you to doubt God's concern for you. He loves you so much that He was willing to send His Son to die for you. His kingdom will prevail, and you can count on the fact that Jesus has gone ahead to prepare a place for you in heaven, no matter what your circumstances are here on earth.

Prayer: Father, sometimes I get caught up in the things of this world. Forgive me for losing focus and for allowing a lack of trust to creep into my heart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Devotionals 3
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0