• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Safari and the Catholics

Safari and the catholics

It was in the time, I worked in the mountains of the Black Wood in south Germany. I did live in timber-houses without water, electricity and toilets for month a simple life. Every morning I had to do my transaction (toilet) on an expedient or outside in the bushes.
Then I got a better timber-house in 800 m in the mountains, where they had a little flush-toilet-house. Therefore I got a special key, the only one in the whole forestry office. So the forester told me, not to loose it.
But how it came, we did work the whole day in the mountains, doing our stocktaking of the woods. In the evening I got back to the house, went down into the valley and watched an old ruin of an old abbey. There was a cotenancy of Catholics. They had pictures of the pope and the Jesus-film from the 70’th I think. A good evangelistic film about Jesus and the gospel. There was a sign, which said, to take the film with you and give an offering for it. I took some films and said to myself, the Catholics never will get money from me, they are praying to Mary and to some patron saints, which is awful in Gods’ eyes. So I left the abbey and went back up the mountains.
Arrived at the timber-house and then there was the big need, to visit that little nice acquisition of our society, that little toilet-house. But where was the most important key of the Black Woods? I searched in the whole house, in my car, drove down again to the abbey, surched all over the area, until I got no more time. I went to the next bush, with a nice view to that little toilet-house and did what I had to do.
Really angry about that situation, I prayed and ask Jesus, where this key is. Then, believe it or not, I saw the key in my mind really clear, lying on a wall at the abbey. And God told me, it wasn’t right to take the Jesus films without giving the money for it, and that I shouldn’t judge the Catholics. I didn’t want to argue with the Lord in that point, drove down into the valley and found it, as I did see it. I worshiped the Lord and brought the money there, for the films.
I learned, not to judge other Christians, even if they are Catholics. They are preaching the gospel too. I know, there is a lot wrong, but in how many other churches is it the same! Jesus told us, not to judge others. I’m responsible for my own life and for what I did with my life and my talents. Jesus cried about the separated church and he prayed in his last prayer before he got arrested, in John 17:
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."
This is the glory of God!!! Be one with Jesus and the father. Jesus gave us the GLORY (Kabod, Hebrew), his almighty power to shine the way to heaven, to be one with God. That is the complete unity, not in churches, in Jesus and in the father! That’s the way of the over floating love-stream, which will float in us. Only then we do know the father and Jesus, because God is love! May this last big wish before the arresting of Jesus, when he faced the dead and the painful end, be the prayer of all Christians in all churches! Revival, for which we are all praying only can burn like a fire, if we come together and don’t judge each other Christian church.
Lord Jesus, let this firestorm of the Holy Spirit burn all over the world and light up our hearts!

Good testimony.

God taught you a good lesson. I have many good family members who are catholic and they love Jesus. I continue to pray for them and know God loves them too.

It is not for me to judge.

You are also right in all the other doctrines, we could argue them all. Instead lets focus on Jesus Christ and how He died on the cross for all of us and rose again on the third day.

Amen and Amen.

Your sister in Christ.
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow: