• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Running!

Tim

hello evrybody!

im gunna b going to aussie nxt yr (YAY!!!) with my skul 4 a hockey tour, and hav been put on a running schedule to get my fitness up a bit, iv already started to run with a m8 from church, but as of yet iv only dun 1 2 miler, and was wanderin if any1 cud giv any tips about running techniques / gud practises / wots the best type of running schedule to hav

thnx a lot :D

Administrator
Staff Member
I have a question for you. I noticed that many teens from the UK type mispelled words and what seems to be done purposely. Is this a fad in the UK or is this just how you spell the words in England's English? Just curious because it drives me a little nuts to be honest :D

I'm not a professional runner but one advice is to stretch very well and efficiently. Do not "bounce" stretch or else you'll pull a muscle and really injure yourself. Stretch your legs in many positions (sitting, standing), your back and your arms. Even your neck. Stretch slowly and gently. Push a little but do not force yourself to painful measures.

Tim

nah its not the english way of speaking, its just quicker to write, and thanks for the advice, i even wrote this one out in full for you, arent i nice?! :)

Administrator
Staff Member
Its a strange coincidence because only the UK and Aussie teens do this from what I've been reading.

A++ for you and a star sticker. lol.

God bless you brother. Keep running for Christ!

Tim

im running for school too! im going to aussie next year, so i gotta train :) keep up the good work mate! :thumbs_up

Well apparantly it is best i think it was.

3 time for 20 mins per Week... :):)

and yeah i liek running also, my only adives apart from Stretch is, Breath... LOL if you dont then you coudl be in a bitta troubles...

and i try my best from now onwards Chad to speel properly. :):) just for you i will do my next posts in proper English. well attempt to at least. hope your watching so i am not wastign my time you know!

Love Simon!!!

man, who cares bout da stoopid spellin?? i mean, HELLO.. we R teenagers!! lol..
(soz, had 2 put it in!!)

an as 4 runnin, dnt clench ur fist, place them in like fists.. but loose ones.. an yea, make sure u do a warm-up an warm-down each time...

Tim

lol nice one aimz! and thnx evry1 for your advice, mayb i wont collapse now :p not that i used to or anything :)

Tim said:
lol nice one aimz! and thnx evry1 for your advice, mayb i wont collapse now :p not that i used to or anything :)

oh Yeah Sure Sure your just coverign up arnt you? lol i mean you tell us that you didnt used to know but i'll bet you did though didnt you??? LOL DWBI just messin with ya, and yeah if you were collapsing though, may i suggest take a drink bottle with you, or two even or three... LOL

Love Simon!!!

Tim

nah...no, i used to run about a month ago, and wasnt very gud, thats y i asked for advice :) and i dint rli collapse, i was just middin, but yeh, now i drink lots of water and im getting better, i mean, i did my first run yesterday that i completed and didnt stop! yay! i dont care if it was only 2 miles! lol, im gettin there :p cheers guys, all advice very useful :thumbs_up

Well yeah you wouldnt wanna Xpect your self to Run for AGES liek 10 miles on the first day now hey? if you did you woudl just be liek SORE As on the next few day's so yeah your building up to that LONG Distance arnt you??

Love Simon!!!

Tim

yeh true, speaking of sore actually, my socks. they rub during the run, and i end up almost having a blister at the end of the run, so shud they be wot cotton, or wool, or wot? im not sure wot my ones are, but theyre woven so yeh, any advice wud be much appreciated on that chz :)

gettign more Comfortable Shoes is good, either that or try i dunno actually i dotn really have a problem with Socks but i woudl say try a pair of Woolen ones i guess, i mean sure enough you may get REALLy hot and all but it may stop the Blistering i guess??

Love simon!!!

u could alwayz try puttin a bandaid over wherre it rubs.. that helps as well, an so u dnt get a blister... lol...

an yay! our help is kinda helpiN!!! lol..

oh yea, an as 4 u wantin 2 run more... make sure ur body will adapt 2 each leveel or length, b4 u go2 a new one... like, make sure u can run 2 miles.. before u try runnin 3... tt way u build ur fitness as well..

thats a koolies!!!

glad we could be of help!!

hope it al works out 4 ya!!

outta curioisity... where bout u goin in Aus? considering me n simon live here...

Tim

lol my geography isnt that gud, but i think were goin to sumwhere called Auckland, Queensland, Sydney sum places in NZ and thats all i can remember, i dunno exact locations, cus its a year away!

Like Chad said >>> ssssstttttteeeetttttcccccchhhhhh, stretch .

I have pulled leg muscles or foot muscles because "i thought" that i was loose enough to run.

Always take 10 minutes to warm up and stretch out muscles, tendons, ligamints, etc.

Gradually build up distance and endurance.

Rest a day between runs untill you can run anytime.

Lift weights to build muscle on rest days, (go easy, always warm up and stretch
before working out)

Take MSM and GLUCOSAMINE SULPHATE. (DO A WEB SEARCH).

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables.

Make fresh juice from raw fruits and vegetables.

Find the best pair of running shoes.

Look for arch orthodicts to insert in your shoes.

Stay away from women.

Dave :^>

Tim

wow! thats a lot of advice...thnx! btw, y avoid women?!?! are they going to hit me or sumthing?!! lol

Tim said:
wow! thats a lot of advice...thnx! btw, y avoid women?!?! are they going to hit me or sumthing?!! lol

Genesis 3

12. The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate."
13. Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" And the woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

Exodus 19

15. He said to the people, "Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman."

Judges 14

1. Then Samson went down to Timnah and saw a woman in Timnah, one of the daughters of the Philistines.

2. So he came back and told his father and mother, "I saw a woman in
Timnah, one of the daughters of the Philistines; now therefore, get her for
me as a wife."

3. Then his father and his mother said to him, "Is there no woman among
the daughters of your relatives, or among all our people, that you go to
take a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?" But Samson said to his
father, "Get her for me, for she looks good to me."

7. So he went down and talked to the woman; and she looked good to Samson.

10. Then his father went down to the woman; and Samson made a feast there, for the young men customarily did this.

Judges 16:4-17 >>> Matthew Henry's Commentary
Samson had been more than once brought into mischief and danger by the
love of women, yet he would not take warning, but is again taken in the
same snare, and this third time is fatal. Licentiousness is one of the things
that take away the heart. This is a deep pit into which many have fallen;
but from which few have escaped, and those by a miracle of mercy, with
the loss of reputation and usefulness, of almost all, except their souls.
The anguish of the suffering is ten thousand times greater than all the pleasures of the sin.

Judges 16

4. After this it came about that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah.

5. The lords of the Philistines came up to her and said to her, "Entice him,
and see where his great strength lies and how we may overpower him that
we may bind him to afflict him. Then we will each give you eleven hundred pieces of silver."

6. So Delilah said to Samson, "Please tell me where your great strength is and how you may be bound to afflict you."

15. Then she said to him, "How can you say, `I love you,' when your heart is not with me? You have deceived me these three times and have not told me where your great strength is."

16. It came about when she pressed him daily with her words and urged him, that his soul was annoyed to death.

17. So he told her all that was in his heart and said to her, "A razor has never come on my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If I am shaved, then my strength will leave me and I will become weak and be like any other man."

18. When Delilah saw that he had told her all that was in his heart, she sent and called the lords of the Philistines, saying, "Come up once more, for he has told me all that is in his heart." Then the lords of the Philistines came up to her and brought the money in their hands.

19. She made him sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his hair. Then she began to afflict him, and his strength left him.

20. She said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep and said, "I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." But he did not know that the LORD had departed from him.

21. Then the Philistines seized him and gouged out his eyes; and they brought him down to Gaza and bound him with bronze chains, and he was a grinder in the prison.

2 Samuel 11

2. Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on the roof of the king's house, and from the roof he saw a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful in appearance.

3. So David sent and inquired about the woman. And one said, "Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?"

5. The woman conceived; and she sent and told David, and said, "I am pregnant."

1 Kings 3

22. Then the other woman said, "No! For the living one is my son, and the dead one is your son." But the first woman said, "No! For the dead one is your son, and the living one is my son." Thus they spoke before the king.

26. Then the woman whose child was the living one spoke to the king, for she was deeply stirred over her son and said, "Oh, my lord, give her the living child, and by no means kill him." But the other said, "He shall be neither mine nor yours; divide him!"

Proverbs 2

16. To deliver you from the strange woman,
From the adulteress who flatters with her words;

Proverbs 6

24. To keep you from the evil woman,
From the smooth tongue of the adulteress.

32. The one who commits adultery with a woman is lacking sense;
He who would destroy himself does it.

Proverbs 7

10. And behold, a woman comes to meet him,
Dressed as a harlot and cunning of heart.

Proverbs 9

13. The woman of folly is boisterous,
She is naive and knows nothing.

Proverbs 11

22. As a ring of gold in a swine's snout
So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.

Proverbs 21

9. It is better to live in a corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
19. It is better to live in a desert land
Than with a contentious and vexing woman.

Proverbs 27

15. A constant dripping on a day of steady rain
And a contentious woman are alike;

Ecclesiastes 7

26. And I discovered more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are chains. One who is pleasing to God will escape from her, but the sinner will be captured by her.

Ecclesiastes 9

9. Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

Matthew 5

28. but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

John 2

3. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus *said to Him, "They have no wine."

4. And Jesus *said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come."

John 4

15. The woman *said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, so I will not be thirsty nor come all the way here to draw."

16. He *said to her, "Go, call your husband and come here."

17. The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus *said to her, "You have correctly said, `I have no husband';

18. for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; this you have said truly."

Acts of the Apostles 9

36. Now in Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which translated in Greek is called Dorcas); this woman was abounding with deeds of kindness and charity which she continually did.

1 Corinthians 7

1. Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2. But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 11

8. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man;

9. for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake.

1 Timothy 2

13. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

14. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

New American Standard Bible

Romans 6

12. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,

13. and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness;
but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead,
and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Colossians 3

5. Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

15. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Philippians 1

20. according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness,
Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

1 Corinthians 7

23. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.

24. Brethren, each one is to remain with God in that condition in which he was called.

25. Now concerning virgins I have no command of the Lord, but I give an opinion as one who by the mercy of the Lord is trustworthy.

26. I think then that this is good in view of the present distress, that it is good for a man to remain as he is.

27. Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife.

28. But if you marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Yet such will have trouble in this life, and I am trying to spare you.

29. But this I say, brethren, the time has been shortened, so that from now on those who have wives should be as though they had none;

30. and those who weep, as though they did not weep; and those who rejoice, as though they did not rejoice; and those who buy, as though they did not possess;

31. and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away.

32. But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;

33. but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife,

34. and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

35. This I say for your own benefit; not to put a restraint upon you, but to promote what is appropriate and to secure undistracted devotion to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 9

23. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

24. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

25. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.

26. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air;

27. but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Hebrews 12

1. Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,