• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Rubbing off

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Has anyone here ever sat in a doctors office waiting to be seen by the doctor?

How about the dentists office?

Did you ever get better... cured from your sickness while you were waiting for the doctor?

Or did you actually go in a see the doctor... talk to him, maybe get a prescription... follow his advice
and actually do the things he said to do?

Did you ever join a gym? You joined so you get in shape... workout and get fit.

Some people join gyms and never go workout. But they pay for their membership to the gym. I suppose they can say.. "I'm a member at a gym". Maybe they wante dto workout... maybe they even did for a while... but
after a month or two... it was too much trouble.

Some people think that simply by going to church... they will become more spiritual...

Some people think that simply be "believing in Jesus".. they will become more Godly.

Some people think that simply by reading the Bible... they will become more like Jesus.

Some people don't think they ever have to exercise their faith... or they think it's a one time thing.
(Hey, I went to gym once... I'm still in great shape... right?)
They think just by hanging around certain people or certain things... it will "rub off on you".

But the Bible says we need to "practice" righteousness. If you've only done something one time...
you aren't practicing it.

It says we need to die daily.... if you only died to your self one time.... your "self" is still alive.

The Bible says we need to walk by the Spirit... it doesn't say... if you walked there once you're done.

Being a righteous, Godly person takes effort. Loving your brother takes effort.
Loving God with all your heart, mind, body and soul takes effort. God does His part.... but we have to do
our part as well.

Active
1. Or did you actually go in a see the doctor... talk to him, maybe get a prescription... follow his advice
and actually do the things he said to do?

2. But the Bible says we need to "practice" righteousness. If you've only done something one time...
you aren't practicing it. It says we need to die daily.... if you only died to your self one time.... your "self" is still alive.

3. The Bible says we need to walk by the Spirit... it doesn't say... if you walked there once you're done.

4. Loving God with all your heart, mind, body and soul takes effort. God does His part.... but we have to do
our part as well.
1. As Christians we have gone in and seen the doctor.
2. A Christian can't but be a doer / practice righteousness. It is all about the level we aspire to / the desire to run to obtain first prize 1 Cor 9:24. We go from glory to glory 2 Cor 3:18.
3. We just need to add that we need His strength too Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
4. Amen!! God wants us to reach out to Him and apply ourselves to a real live relationship with Him. We were created for fellowship with Him. We choose to grow closer. We can grow closer to Him, it's all up to us.