• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Rom 9:5

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I of course believe in the trinity and deity of Jesus, but I am curious about certain Bible translations of certain verses.

(AMPC) To them belong the patriarchs, and as far as His natural descent was concerned, from them is the Christ, Who is exalted and supreme over all, God, blessed forever! Amen (so let it be).
(AMPC+) To them belong the patriarchs, and as far as His natural descent was concerned, from them is the Christ, Who is exalted and supreme over all, God, blessed forever! Amen (so let it be).
(ASV) whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(ESV) To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
(ESV+) To them belong R12the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, R13who is God over all, R14blessed forever. Amen.
(GW) The Messiah is descended from their ancestors according to his human nature. The Messiah is God over everything, forever blessed. Amen.
(HCSB) The ancestors are theirs, and from them, by physical descent, came the Messiah, who is God over all, praised forever. Amen.
(KJV) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(MKJV) whose are the fathers, and of whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
(MSG) to say nothing of being the race that produced the Messiah, the Christ, who is God over everything, always. Oh, yes!
(NAS77) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
(NASB) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
(NIrV) The founders of our nation belong to them. Christ comes from their family line. He is God over all. May he always be praised! Amen.
(NIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.
(NLT) Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.
(RV) whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

To me.. some of these verses have a totally different context than some of the others depending where you put the comma. Sometimes grammar is what decides a theology. Sometimes just one word difference makes all the difference.

Active
Interesting. Many people interpret the trinity to mean Jesus is God but then others interpret it to mean He is the Son of God.

Its also interesting what Jesus claimed for Himself. While He said I and the Father am one, Jesus also said why do you call me good? There is noone good but God.

God blessed for ever...the Israelites, or Christ?

Paul was talking about the israelites how God blessed them forever in that passage, christ came in the flesh (of an Israelite) and Paul was an israelite too, but Paul wishes he could be accursed because not all Israelites accepted Jesus, they didnt have faith.

You really need to read the verse in context. Of the chapter, not just that verse. Also some verses are not complete sentences, so you need to be careful. They carry over.

Haha the msg says 'oh yes!' For amen.

Imagine going to a church that preached solely from the msg. Everytime anyone says a prayer people say oh yes!

I guess I am old school. When I taught children to pray I said if you agree say amen!
I wonder what the msg translates for the passage that says all the promises of God are yes and amen.

Or actually yea.

Or my translation YAY!!!

Last edited by a moderator: