• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Road that Leads to Destruction

Wide is the Road that Leads to Destruction.

Have you ever gone to a real popular concert, movie, or sporting event? You know, the kind with long lines and short fuses... They open just a few doors -the ones farthest from you- and like a wild herd of cows, people try and cram through the doors 4 wide, even though they're only wide enough for one or two. It's probably general seating, and there's only a limited number of good seats, right? And, HEY, you paid good money for these tickets, so - you push and shove and fight to get through that narrow door!!!

Now, picture the same event, with thousands of you crammed in there having a great time when, BANG, the place catches fire. Worst of all, there's only one little emergency exit door to go through. Who's panicked now? More might perish from the stampede than from the fire itself! That's the proper context for Jesus' statement in Luke 13. "STRIVE to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will NOT be able."

Excuse me, Sir, did you notice that your house is on fire? Oh, wait, scratch that, it's the whole world that's on fire. Just look around and read the headlines. This fire burns for all eternity, and Jesus is the only door, the only portal to safety.

Are you striving to reach Him? Are you fighting to enter through Him? The Greek word for strive comes closer to our English word agonize. How recently have you agonized over your condition, or of those near you? Remember, Jesus finished by warning, "Once the master of the house has risen and shut the door... He will answer you, 'I do not know where you come from.'" I think I see the Father beginning to rise...

Active
response to Road

In Mat.7:13&14, there are many and there are few; the many are following the path to destruction, while the few are following the path to life.
The wide gate and broad way is popular and likable because it has no limitations, has no restrictions, has no requirements, and is moveable and is changeable; while the strait gate and narrow way is unpopular and disliked, because it has limitations, it has restrictions, it has requirements, and it is unmovable and changes not.
It is Sin that is unlimited, unrestricted, optional, is moveable and changeable, therefore it is popular and liked by the majority.
It is Righteousness that limits, restricts, requires, is unmovable and will not change, therefore it is unpopular and disliked by the majority.
Many be called, but few are chosen.