• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Resurrection - are our flesh bodies resurrected?

Loyal
There isn't a whole lot in the Bible about this, but I started another thread a while back about "when" are we resurrected.

There were some questions about "how" we are resurrected. The only passage in the Bible I could find about this...

The Resurrection Body
1 Cor 15:35; But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"
1 Cor 15:36; You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;
1 Cor 15:37; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
1 Cor 15:38; But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.
1 Cor 15:39; All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fish.
1 Cor 15:40; There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
1 Cor 15:41; There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
1 Cor 15:42; So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
1 Cor 15:43; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
1 Cor 15:44; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
1 Cor 15:45; So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
1 Cor 15:46; However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
1 Cor 15:47; The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
1 Cor 15:48; As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
1 Cor 15:49; Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

It seems we have a natural (earthly, fleshly) body up until death (perhaps for a little while beyond death).
But when it is resurrected, it is resurrected as a spiritual body. I admit, I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Now of course Jesus was resurrected in the flesh. In fact one of the tests to see if a spirit is from God or from the anti-christ if it confess that Jesus was raised in the flesh.
But how about the rest of us? Are we also resurrected in the flesh? From what gather in the verses above, it seems we are not.

Having said, there were some "dead" people who were seen after their death.

Matt 17:2; And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light.
Matt 17:3; And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
Matt 17:4; Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
Matt 17:5; While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

Now I suppose it could be argued that Elijah never really "died". But what about Moses?
In any case, it appears the disciples could recognize somehow by their appearance, (maybe they saw their facebook profile?)
Which is odd considering they died hundreds of years before the disciples were born. Perhaps Jesus told them who they were?
But is it possible that whatever body they had, it was recognizable by the disciples.

So is our old fleshly body resurrected? ...or... do we get a new "spiritual body"?

Active
@B-A-C,
1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:53
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.