• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Rest upon Him - He does not Change

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"I am the Lord, I change not."—Malachi 3:6.

It is well for us that, amidst all the variableness of life, there is One whom change cannot affect; One whose heart can never alter, and on whose brow mutability can make no furrows. All things else have changed—all things are changing. The sun itself grows dim with age; the world is waxing old; the folding up of the worn-out vesture has commenced; the heavens and earth must soon pass away; they shall perish, they shall wax old as doth a garment; but there is One who only hath immortality, of whose years there is no end, and in whose person there is no change. The delight which the mariner feels, when, after having been tossed about for many a day, he steps again upon the solid shore, is the satisfaction of a Christian when, amidst all the changes of this troublous life, he rests the foot of his faith upon this truth—"I am the Lord, I change not."

The stability which the anchor gives the ship when it has at last obtained a hold-fast, is like that which the Christian's hope affords him when it fixes itself upon this glorious truth. With God "is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." What ever His attributes were of old, they are now; His power, His wisdom, His justice, His truth, are alike unchanged. He has ever been the refuge of His people, their stronghold in the day of trouble, and He is their sure Helper still. He is unchanged in His love. He has loved His people with "an everlasting love"; He loves them now as much as ever He did, and when all earthly things shall have melted in the last conflagration, His love will still wear the dew of its youth. Precious is the assurance that He changes not! The wheel of providence revolves, but its axle is eternal love.

"Death and change are busy ever,
Man decays, and ages move;
But His mercy waneth never;
God is wisdom, God is love."​

Charles Spurgeon

Loyal
No, He does not change, but in order to be more like Him, we must:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." I John 3:2-3

Staff Member
I find the more I have resisted change the more difficult the path I walk on becomes. With that a greater loneliness/shame for I know that there is little that I do that gives Glory to God.

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Though in reflection I find any repository within me in having any Purity Holiness seemingly distant even as I draw closer to Him.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8

That even then He being unchangeable provides a comfort to continue to strive towards Him who has given me life, a light eternal and forgiven me much.

My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Thank-you for sharing your words dear brother. They remind me of how expansive His Word can be to one who seeks.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmie Bible Discussions 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0