• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Rest in the Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And he said, My presence shall go [with thee], and I will give thee rest. Exodus 33:14

This is a tremendously encouraging promise. Moses apparently had a pretty clear idea of the hardships that awaited them in the barren Sinai Desert and of the enemies that they’d face in Canaan, which is why he pleaded with the Lord, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here” (v.15). Moses knew that they didn’t dare face such challenges unless God was with them.

However, as it turned out, even though God upheld His end of the bargain and did mighty miracles to bless them and protect them, the Israelites constantly doubted and disobeyed Him. The result? God vowed, “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest’” (Psalm 95:11)

God still promises to give His people perfect peace and rest, and this can only be found by dwelling in His presence. The Bible promises that “he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty,” and “under His wings you shall take refuge” (Psalm 91:1, 4). That’s where you want to be—under His wings and close to His heart.

Have you found rest by spending time in the presence of God? Spend some time in prayer today, meditating on Him and His Word.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shortlady Water Cooler 0
Coconut Sermons & Podcasts 0
M Testimonials 7