• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Responding Rightly to Evil

Staff Member
Don't fret because of evildoers; don't envy the wicked. For evil people have no future; the light of the wicked will be snuffed out. Proverbs 24:19-20 NLT

We’ve all seen situations like the following: a man leaves his wife and children to be with someone else, and he seems to be wildly happy in his “new life.” A businessman engages in questionable practices, and he prospers financially from his misdeeds. Or a backbiting coworker somehow gets promoted to a higher-paying job over someone clearly more qualified.

When we see people profiting from the evil they do, it’s easy to feel angry, even a little envious. When that happens, we want to cry out to God—or to anyone who will listen—“It’s not fair!”

The fact that you recognize the unfairness of situations like the ones above says a lot about your sense of right and wrong. But, as today’s verse point out, it’s not good or helpful to dwell on your anger at the hurt evil men cause others. Instead focus on the good things God has promised those who live right, treat others justly, and trust in God to one day make things right.

Prayer: Father I sometimes find myself feeling angry or envious of those who seem to prosper from their misdeeds. Forgive me for those feelings. Help me to focus on living the life You have for me, knowing that the rewards will be glorious, eternal ones.

Loyal
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
37:8 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
37:9 For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the LORD shall inherit the land.
37:10 In just a little while, the wicked will be no more; though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there.
37:11 But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace.

37:16 Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.
37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.

37:37 Mark the blameless and behold the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
37:38 But transgressors shall be altogether destroyed; the future of the wicked shall be cut off.

Active
Just remember, this is satans realm, he is the prince of the world. We are to be seperated from the sin and inequity that abounds here and be in the world, not of the world. None of the true christians should be envious of temporary prosperity. Cast your treasures to heaven, where rust and moths cannot destroy it. And always call out evil, dont just walk by and let it be.