• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Rescue Me, Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
You called in trouble, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah Psalm 81:7

As Israel set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as the Lord commanded, they arrived at Rephidim (near Meribah), where they didn't have any water to drink (Exodus 17:1). Today's verse says this was a test. God wanted to see whether His people would be patient and trust Him to provide, or whether they'd grumble and complain over their lack. Unfortunately, they grumbled and complained.

How might God be testing you and your family right now? Are you struggling to make the mortgage payment this month due to unforeseen expenses? Is your car in the shop for costly repairs? Are your cabinets bare?

In your distress, call out to God and He will rescue you. His help might be different than what you're expecting, but it will arrive. Meanwhile, patiently trust in Him. He knows your every need long before you knew it, and He already has a plan to meet it.

Prayer: Lord, I can't see any way around my circumstances, but I'm trusting You to meet my need. I know You to be a faithful, loving God who is more than willing to send help. You know my circumstances. Take me through them, Lord. Rescue me.