Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Reporting A Post (Important Reminder)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dannibear, Feb 28, 2013.

1. #1 dannibear, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    It has come to our attention that some may not know how to report a post, or where the report post button is.
    These are the forum rules for TalkJesus:

When you see a post that violates one of these rules, go to the bottom left of their post. You will see a triangle with an exclamation point inside. That is the report post tool. When you click that symbol, you will be directed to a box that will ask you to submit a message stating why the post violates one of the rules. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. When we receive a report and find that there is a violation, the member will get a simple warning via private message if they break a rule. As stated by @Chad, please respect the community. Its a privilege to be here, not a right. You get banned immediately if you curse, insult someone else, or preach anything outside of Scripture purposely.

By reporting a post, you help us catch posts that violate the rules much quicker.

2. Thanks for posting this. I was under the impression this was to report profanity or improper web-links. This clears up many things.

3. Thanks DB for this and all the mods do for God ....Rev

4. Attention

**Updated To The Recent Rules**

5. Thank you, Dannibear. I've been trying to figure out how to report a post for weeks.

SLE

6. Thank you for this very informative thread

I have reported a number of posts over time.
    Usually they have been posts that I perceive as being unglorifying to the Lord, rude, condemning or argumentative
    However, I am often left wondering about whether I should have reported 'that particular post', particularly if the post remains in place.

I know the team must be very busy, but thought it may be useful, to have a little feedback.
    Just a simple note that the issue has been recieved is being dealt with
    Or a note to say the reporting was not really considered relevant

Thank you

7. A very good idea in my opinion Fragrant Grace, and I will be posting this idea to show the others and see what they think!

8. Thank you dannibear

Bless you

9. I never read this before either ! I got in trouble once posting a link ! I thought i only need to have posted over 100 times ! I did not know i had to get permission ! Also did not know they counted caps as shouts !

I used caps in the past to bring it out as important ! But i Do know many count them as shouting, i never have! But that Ok !

Funny How these things get started and become such a big deal ?

10. I once did the same, no worries! Now when I want to emphasize something, I bold the words.

11. #11 dannibear, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    @Fragrant Grace , that thought is a great addition, and will be implemented from now on.

12. Thanks for sharing this sister. Good thread, informative and helpful.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)