• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Repentance...The What and the How

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
So the Word is full of verses that tell us we have to repent of our sins and follow Jesus...And we agree with that.

So we see that repentance is a turning away from your sin. It's more than that though....
Matthew 4:17 (CJB)
17 From that time on, Yeshua began proclaiming, “Turn from your sins to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near!”

So the question is....How does one repent? How does one turn from their sins and go another direction when Satan is hounding their trail and laying bait in front of them....
I ask this now because I've seen it for the last forty five years in the lives of every Christian I've ever seen.

What repentance 'tactics' has God shown you?

Well that is an interesting question. 45 years you say. Of seeing. One would expect many 'tips' or 'tactics' to be shared. Isn't it. Rather than questions.

Repentance i believe is a hard one for many people going through many struggles. Reason i say that is because it needs to be done and done genuinely and truthfully. No wonder why someone said sometimes people don't want to pay full attention to the Word because sometimes the REAL issue is not asking for forgiveness. One can ask for forgiveness from God if one really wants to be forgiven. The BIGGER issue is knowing that after forgiveness one will be required to REPENT. Meaning leaving the sinful things we have enjoyed doing. Changing our ways and changing for good. Tough it seems but doable. Ask Me.

Prayer. Consistent prayer. Encouragement from others and staying in the right company. Above all giving the issue to God. completely without any second thoughts, even if the flesh is shouting something else. Battle it out with God. Genuinely wanting to change knowing it is the correct thing to do.

Active
Above all giving the issue to God. completely without any second thoughts, even if the flesh is shouting something else. Battle it out with God. Genuinely wanting to change knowing it is the correct thing to do.
this is excellent words, esp last sentence

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
The reason why God destroyed the earth with a flood was because the imagination of man's thoughts were evil continually.

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (ESV)

The word, "repent" does not mean to feel sorry for ones sins, it means, "to change your mind". Change our mind from what to what? To change our mind from thinking about evil continually, to thinking about God continually. :smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2
Christ4Ever Devotionals 3
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2