• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Repentance Brings “Magical” Change

Staff Member
Many who became believers confessed their sinful practices. A number of them who had been practicing sorcery brought their incantation books and burned them at a public bonfire. The value of the books was several million dollars. Acts 19:18-19 NLT

What did the people of Ephesus hope to gain from their magic books? This wasn’t the fantasy section of today’s libraries. These were real spells used to gain power, control, wealth, and even favor with false deities. Turning to God in repentance meant a clean break from the magic books they had relied on, even making a dramatic break by burning them in a public bonfire.

Today may be a good time to consider what you rely on. Perhaps a smartphone, bank account, position, or a possession has become a source of security or status for you. Just as you can’t serve both God and money, you also can’t serve God and your own security. Anything you rely on rather than God may be an obstacle that needs to be confessed before Him.

Much like the people of Ephesus, who made a public display of their change, it may be most helpful to make a confession along with others. You’re surely not alone in your struggles! A public confession with others is far more likely to endure.

Prayer: Jesus, I confess that I have not always relied on You. Grant me the wisdom to turn to You today.