• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Renewed Daily

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

It’s easy to become discouraged as the years go by and you start to age, wrinkles begin to mark your face, and your strength eventually fails. You look at your reflection and wonder who hung a photo of your grandfather where the mirror used to be. You feel like—in the words of the Bible—you’re “wasting away.”

An unknown psalmist lamented, “My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass. But thou, O Lord, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations” (Psalm 102:11-12). It seems unfair. Mortals are like flowers of the field: they live a few decades, rapidly bloom, then quickly reach old age and wither, while the immortal God remains eternal and awesome throughout all generations.

But take heart! Even though you’re fading outwardly, within you’re growing in increasing glory. David prayed, “Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us” (Psalm 90:17). And it will be. “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever” (Psalm 73:26).

God will keep your heart and your faith strong, and He is already renewing your spirit. One day He will renew your physical body, too, and give you an immortal, powerful eternally young body.