• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Remembering their Chains

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you. Colossians 4:18

In April 2014, Boko Haram—an Islamic extremist group—abducted 276 girls in Nigeria, compelling them to convert to Islam and forcing many into marriage, according to Open Doors (an organization that serves persecuted Christians worldwide). Some of the girls escaped, and some have been released via negotiations, but as of 2016, nearly two hundred girls remain missing.

Open Doors advocacy director Kristin Wright met with the parents of the girls in 2015 to let them know that Christians around the world were praying for them. You can imagine the stress they’re under. Wright reports that at least eighteen of the parents have died of stress-related diseases since the abduction.

She also made this observation on the organization’s website: “However, the fathers we spent time with said they do not see the persecution they are facing as something extraordinary, but as a natural part of being a Christian and walking in the footsteps of Jesus.”

In today’s verse, the apostle Paul asked fellow believers to remember his chains. This very moment, captive girls need you to remember their chains. As you pray with your family today, remember these girls. Become their advocate. If, by God’s grace, they’re released, find another group of persecuted Christians and keep your family informed of their plight.

Loyal
thanks for the share brother Nick Christian Persucation is a real thing all around the world, we here in America often do not here about it and for most of my life I never even realized it existed. These are the real Christian, when these people give themselves to Jesus they risk loosing everything and even death, just as Jesus said would happen over 2,000 years ago, for such a claim only God could make and watch come true 2000 year later I am in awe every time I think a man named Jesus on the other side of the world over 2000 years ago in a different language claimed people would die for following him and yet today it happens every day. That is only from God praise the Lord and I will pray for these girls.

That is some of the most clear cut truth and prophecy that is happening every day every second of the day that just show Jesus was God, yet people still dont believe. These people reward will be great in Heaven you can count on that.

How many Christian would stop being christians today in Amercia if you had to choose between your family disowning you and being a Chrstian, I often wonder because that is exactly what happens all around the world. Just as Jesus my God said would happen, I get excited just writing this man I love Jesus !!