• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Remember Me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:42-43

You know the story. Two criminals. Both guilty: One mocked Jesus, while the other admitted his guilt and called out to Jesus for mercy while hanging on the cross. That very day, both the wretched, dying criminal--who could do nothing but confess his need for salvation--and Jesus, the almighty Son of God, were together in paradise.

Christians trust Christ with eternity, but not always with the temporal. They know He has saved their souls but often wonder whether He'll save their marriage, their job, their finances, or their home. Of course, every circumstance is different, and God has varying reasons for dramatically intervening in one situation and not the next, but He always has your best interest at heart.

How could He not? He allowed His Son to die for your redemption. Do you believe God has your best interests at heart? Do you trust that, in spite of what you see?

God's deliverance is not dependent on your performance--only your expression of need. Praise God for that. Turn to Him today, and wait expectantly for Him to act.

Prayer: Lord, You know my need. I'm burdened by it. It distracts me, worries me, and pulls me away from You, when in reality, it should drive me to You. I need You, Lord. Remember me.