• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Remember Me!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"This do in remembrance of Me."—1 Corinthians 11:24.

It seems then, that Christians may forget Christ! There could be no need for this loving exhortation, if there were not a fearful supposition that our memories might prove treacherous. Nor is this a bare supposition: it is, alas! too well confirmed in our experience, not as a possibility, but as a lamentable fact. It appears almost impossible that those who have been redeemed by the blood of the dying Lamb, and loved with an everlasting love by the eternal Son of God, should forget that gracious Saviour; but, if startling to the ear, it is, alas! too apparent to the eye to allow us to deny the crime.

Forget Him who never forgot us! Forget Him who poured His blood forth for our sins! Forget Him who loved us even to the death! Can it be possible? Yes, it is not only possible, but conscience confesses that it is too sadly a fault with all of us, that we suffer Him to be as a wayfaring man tarrying but for a night. He whom we should make the abiding tenant of our memories is but a visitor therein. The cross where one would think that memory would linger, and unmindfulness would be an unknown intruder, is desecrated by the feet of forgetfulness.

Does not your conscience say that this is true? Do you not find yourselves forgetful of Jesus? Some creature steals away your heart, and you are unmindful of Him upon whom your affection ought to be set. Some earthly business engrosses your attention when you should fix your eye steadily upon the cross. It is the incessant turmoil of the world, the constant attraction of earthly things which takes away the soul from Christ.

While memory too well preserves a poisonous weed, it suffereth the rose of Sharon to wither. Let us charge ourselves to bind a heavenly forget-me-not about our hearts for Jesus our Beloved, and, whatever else we let slip, let us hold fast to Him.

Charles Spurgeon

Active
O my Brother, thank you so very much for this reminder from Spurgeon to keep the Cross of Jesus and Jesus Himself, ever before our daily enterprise. It is true even for me as I search the two Forums that I'm a member for folk who need help.

God forbid that I should be so engrossed with everyday business that I should forget what My Savior Jesus Christ did for me. I will make a new attempt at recalling such a tremendous Grace extended to such a sinner as me to bring Salvation and a new life that will carry me to the New Jerusalem where I will abide with Christ Jesus forever.

Staff Member
@Chopper
Very convicting my brother if one truly makes an assessment of ones daily life. Sometimes we are so busy going about His work that we place Him who we are doing it for in the background of our thoughts. All the while He should truly be in the front even while working.

If witnessing, then front and center of our thoughts should be our Lord and Savior Jesus. How else can the ones we are communicating with see in us the very reflection of His great Love that would include them if they would only believe in so great a sacrifice and redemption meant also for them? We become so engrossed with the fishing that we forget who sent us and who it is that truly draws them to us so that they to may enter that great city of New Jerusalem!

Great food for thought, even if it gives me an upset stomach for my lack of attention!

Love you brother & thanks for the honesty of your words.
YBIC
Nick
<><