• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Refuge!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Written By Michelle Ross

Refuge

Betty sat outside watching her children playing when she happen to notice off to the distance, Dark storm clouds moving in rather quickly.
The dark thick clouds rolled over top coving the sun. The darkness made it appear like dusk. Winds picked up suddenly. Thunder roared and lightning clashed. She called to her children to come inside. They come along, but she noticed three small children over at the playground. Rain poured heavily hail beat down hard.
Betty made her way out towards the playground.
The wind was so strong it was hard to even walk forward. All she knew is she had to get to those little children. They had found shelter underneath the slide where they were playing. The three children huddled together shaking from the fear and cold rain. She crawled under the slide where they were. “Children come with me, and get out of this weather!”
The youngest of the three was a little girl with chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked at the woman and ran out towards the merry- go-round. She was making her way to her doll that she had left on top of it. Betty called to her, Little girl come back! There isn’t time. A huge tornado had formed and touched ground heading their way.
Betty told the other two small children to head over to her house pointing where it was. They run towards the house. The wind only grew stronger as this funnel cloud approached closer. The small little girl made it up to her doll and froze from fear as she watched the funnel cloud dance around rushing closer towards her.
Betty run up to her grabbing her around her waist and ran with her. Tucking the little girl’s head down in her chest to keep the wind and rain off her face.
The funnel cloud only grew closer as Betty ran it seemed, as she wasn’t going to make it out of dangers path. She ran towards a ditch and dropped the little girl in it telling her to cover her head and to keep lying down.
Jesus! She cried out as the funnel cloud approached her.
She stood tall and firm and began praying in the spirit.
Jesus you are my refuge she hollered as the winds wailed!
She dropped to her knees hollering Lord you’re my protector! Refuge! I believe!
Just then the funnel cloud stopped right in front of her. Spinning and turning.
Winds circled around her yet she was not moved. She began rebuking it and praising the Lord.
Hallelujah! She shouted!
Suddenly the funnel cloud broke apart and debris fell all around her.
She dropped to her knees tears fell to her eyes and she praised the Lord. The little girl stood to her feet and touched her shoulder. She softly said, “mam its ok it’s gone. “ Betty looked at her, and smiled
Saying “yes baby it is!” Her and the little girl walked back towards the house where her family and the other two small children were. They come running out and up to her. Her oldest son said, “Mom did you see that? The tornado stopped right on you and just disappeared!”
The others saying wow! Cool!
She looked at her oldest son and said, “I stood on the promise God give us all He promised to be our refuge and praise the Lord he is. “
The little girl wrapped her arms around Betty as they walked back up the steps of her home.
Betty just patted her head and quietly thanked the Lord even more.
The end

Scripture Psalm 31 :1 –4
In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.
2 Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.
3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.

Psalm 46: 1-3
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

as i read this i reallized how much faith the women had and will strive to have as much faith as her