• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Rediscovered Praise

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And [why] are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him [For] the help of His countenance. Psalm 42:5

It's easy to think God has abandoned you when facing disappointment, distress, and discomfort. You can assume you've been abandoned and forsaken. In those moments, you might conclude that you're on your own.

When you're in the middle of personal pain, God wants you to remember the story isn't finished. You haven't seen His rescue. You can't understand the plot twists that will be revealed in the next chapter of your story.

It's easy to trust God when everything you want is coming true. But it's easy to abandon trust when struggles drop by like an overdue bill.

This psalmist suggests that instead of throwing a pity party on the bad days, you should change what you're looking at. When you focus on God's goodness, praise is the result of your redirect in thinking. Remembering God's past faithfulness reminds you that since God never fails or forsakes His people, then your present crisis is no match for His ongoing faithfulness. Believe it, and rediscover worship.

Prayer: Dear God, I don't know why I'm so easily distracted. I don't know why I can't remember that You're bigger than the worst moments. Help me to focus on who You are. Help me to recall all You do.

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
Top Poster Of Month
yes, yes and yes

praise the LORD for He is good and His mercy and lovingkindness endures forever!!!