• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Recognizing Our Enemy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Active
One part of fighting the good fight of faith is the ability to recognize our enemy. Satan is the god of this world. He is out to steal, kill and destroy God's people. -John 10:10. When we remain passive, Satan will torment us. Nothing will change about our situation if we simply sit and wish things were different. We have to take action! There will be times when the enemy will come against us with discouragement, fear, doubt, guilt, etc, and too often we do not move against him. We draw back into a corner somewhere and let him beat us up. When we allow this to happen, we are believing the lies of Satan. This is when we should stand against these lies with the truth of God's Word. This is the attitude of a believer: I can stand against a robber at my front door with a loaded shotgun, and I can stand against Satan and his lies with God's Word! When we speak God's Word, Satan will flee with all his lies.- James 4:7. God's Word is the only weapon that can defeat a spiritual attack. -Ephesians 6:12.

Feelings of depression, fear, discouragement, doubt, guilt, etc. do not come from God. This is a dark place. God is light. Anytime you begin to experience these dark places, you must remember, this is an attack by the enemy. As believers, we are called to be fighters and respond aggressively to his attacks. Satan will keep trying to trick us into fighting with others around us. He will try to stir up dark, negative feelings within us to get us offended toward other people. If we do not know God's Word, we are helpless against attacks from the enemy. As believers, no matter how close our walk with God, we will have attacks from Satan. Satan's main goal is to pull us away from the things of God. He wants to get our minds off of Jesus Christ and what He did for us at the cross. He wants us to have his thoughts so he can steal our peace and joy.

The next time Satan attacks you with depression, fear, doubt, anxiety, discouragement, or any dark and negative feeling; fight back with the living Word of God. If you trust it, it will work every time! Say, "get behind me, Satan, greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."

Father, keep us rooted and grounded in Your Word. May we wear Your whole armor every day as we extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. We WILL fight the good fight of faith! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :)

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path
Psalm 119:105

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John 1:5

For God, Who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
2Corinthians 4:6

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
John 8:12

And this is eternal life, that they know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ Whom You have sent.
John 17:3

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

John 14:6

{A Psalm of David.} The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

Psalm 27:1-3