• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Reassurance and Heirs of GOD

These verses reassure believers in Jesus Christ they will be saved and become heirs of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">GOD</st1:placeName></st1:place>.

(1) The Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9);

(2) GOD is the Savior of all men (1 Timothy 4:10b);

(3) Christ is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2);

(4) He who began a good work in you will continue it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6);

(5) All shall be made alive in Christ (1 Corinthians 15:22);

(6) He has made all things beautiful, in His time (Ecclesiastes 3:11);

(7) Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved (Romans 10:13).

(8) For whom He foreknew, He predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29a).

(9) Whom He predestined, these He called, these He justified; and these He glorified (Romans 8:30).

(10) In the dispensation of the fullness of times, he might gather in one all things in Christ (Ephesians 1:10a).

(11) Until we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of GOD, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13)

If we try to win salvation by doing good works or by trying to be righteous, we are not trusting in the grace of GOD to receive salvation as a gift of GOD. Our deeds of righteousness are evidence that Christ is the life in and through us when we are born of GOD (1 John 2:29; 3:7) by the grace of GOD for our faith.

Those who practice righteousness are born of Him (1 John 2:29) and do not practice sin (1 John 3:9); those who do not love the brethren abide in death (1 John 3:14b),……..and need to repent to be “born again”.

We know we love the children of GOD and have passed from death unto life (1 John 3:14a), when we love GOD and keep His commandments (1 John 5:2). We love GOD and His children by Christ living in and through us.

Those who practice unrighteousness are not of GOD (1 John 3:10)….. and will not inherit the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">GOD</st1:placeName></st1:place>
(1 Corinthians 6:9). He that overcomes shall be an heir of GOD; (Revelation 21:7a). Believers who overcome the world (the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life) shall be heirs of GOD (Matthew 25:34).

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matthew 7:21-23)

In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother (1 John 3:10).

Whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted of Him (Acts 10:35).

He who practices righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous (1 John 3:7).

He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked (1 John 2:6).

Search me, O GOD, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting (Psalms 139:23-24).