• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Reasons to Love the Lord

Staff Member
I love the LORD, because He has heard My voice [and] my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call [upon Him] as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2

It's a new month. It's also the last full month of summer. Whatever you do, be sure to keep up your daily reading in this book. Why let August go to the dogs when you can keep growing in your belief, faith, and trust in the Lord?

In the opening verses of Psalm 116, the psalmist expresses his heartfelt devotion to and love for the Lord. "Love" is a strong word, indicating a closeness of relationship made possible by God's presence. He is very near to you. It's like two close friends riding in a car, perfectly at ease with talking to the other person. That's the kind of relationship the psalmist enjoyed with the Lord.

As a result of God's closeness, the psalmist knew the lord could hear him and act quickly and decisively on his behalf. Proof? The many times God had already rescued and delivered the psalmist from certain death. The image isn't one of a shield-bearer, who constantly protects the other person. Instead, the image foreshadows the almighty, victorious, and glorious second coming of the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Prayer: Lord, I praise You that You have saved me. Thank You always for Your closeness, protection, and love.