• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Real Power

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

When Anthony “Spud” Webb bounced the ball off the glass and threw down a tomahawk slam to win the NBA Slam Dunk Contest on February 8, 1986, the entire crowd had forgotten he was only five feet seven inches tall—the shortest player ever to win.

Webb’s triumph reflects God’s favorite method of accomplishing His work in the world: using the least likely people to do the most amazing things. Look at the men He put to work: Moses stuttered, Gideon hid in a hole, David was a kid herding sheep, and Paul was as hard-boiled a Pharisee as ever hunted a Christian. Each of them resisted God’s call on their life; each one He told, “Don’t worry, I’m with you.” After they accepted that key truth, they accomplished great things.

If you think you’re the least likely person God could ever use, you might be right. But have you realized that your inability opens the door for His ability? And if you think you’ve got a lot going for you, God can still use you. He might have to trip you up a bit to remind you that you need Him, but when He does, be receptive to your weakness. When you’re open to God’s guidance, that’s when you’ll really make a difference in the world.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Bible Discussions 5
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
godsgirl Stories 2