• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Ready with an Answer

Staff Member
So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him. Acts 8:30-32 NKJV

Philip the evangelist (not to be confused with Philip, one of Jesus’ twelve disciples) was a man who had a heart for telling people about Jesus. And he was also a man who was prepared when God gave him opportunities to tell others about Him.

Acts 8:26-39 tells the story of Philip’s encounter with an unnamed Ethiopian man who had been in Jerusalem to worship God. Philip heard the man reading a passage from the book of Isaiah about the Messiah. The Ethiopian didn’t understand what he was reading, but Philip did. So Philip sat with him and “began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus” (verse 35).

No missed opportunity there!

Ask God today to bring you opportunities to tell others about Jesus. Also ask Him to help prepare you to answer questions they may have about Him—and why they need Him.

Prayer: Lord, I have two requests today. First, bring people into my life who need to hear about Your love and forgiveness through Jesus. Second, help me to be alert and ready when You grant that first request.