• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Ready To Overcome the Spirit of Stubbornness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:8)

I am a 48 year old male! After over 65 jobs since 1989 and recently losing my last job after making more $$ than I’ve ever made in my entire career; I’ve made a decision to seek out what is wrong with me? My wife divorcing me, losing my job and may lose my apartment and vehicle; has broke me down enough to search for the truth and not accepting the lies I’ve always lived by.

I am a 48 year old male! After over 65 jobs since 1989 and recently losing my last job after making more $$ than I’ve ever made in my entire career; I’ve made a decision to seek out what is wrong with me? My wife divorcing me, losing my job and may lose my apartment and vehicle; has broke me down enough to search for the truth and not accepting the lies I’ve always lived by.
Sounds like you know what is wrong if you come to a Christian forum for answers, and recognize you have been living a lie. I see you are from Arkansas. Are you native to that state? If so I'm sure you have experienced a Christian influence. So what do you believe to be the truth and the lie you have been living?

And, welcome.

I have never been a part of any chat or forum so I’ll attempt to not be too lengthy with my responses; I’ve been exposed to the word most of my life; I don’t believe that just because a person has Church influences it doesn’t mean they don’t have outside influences that hinder spiritual growth and personal maturity . My mother and I have identified that I’m still a 5/6 year old trying to protect himself (longer story). Thank you for your response

I have never been a part of any chat or forum so I’ll attempt to not be too lengthy with my responses; I’ve been exposed to the word most of my life; I don’t believe that just because a person has Church influences it doesn’t mean they don’t have outside influences that hinder spiritual growth and personal maturity . My mother and I have identified that I’m still a 5/6 year old trying to protect himself (longer story). Thank you for your response
You're quite welcome. Yes, of course, the Christian is exposed, and affected by the outside influences. I will ask you plainly, though you mention Church and the Word, have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour...born-again?

Many of these influences of the world on the Christian can be severe, but I am convinced that our relationship with Jesus Christ carries with it a healing of these things. Time spent in the Word of God, time spent with Christ in prayer, and time spent with the people of God in a local church or fellowship will all contribute to the healing of any bad influence of the world.

Quantrill