• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Ready To Overcome the Spirit of Stubbornness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I am a 48 year old male! After over 65 jobs since 1989 and recently losing my last job after making more $$ than I’ve ever made in my entire career; I’ve made a decision to seek out what is wrong with me? My wife divorcing me, losing my job and may lose my apartment and vehicle; has broke me down enough to search for the truth and not accepting the lies I’ve always lived by.

Active
I am a 48 year old male! After over 65 jobs since 1989 and recently losing my last job after making more $$ than I’ve ever made in my entire career; I’ve made a decision to seek out what is wrong with me? My wife divorcing me, losing my job and may lose my apartment and vehicle; has broke me down enough to search for the truth and not accepting the lies I’ve always lived by.
Sounds like you know what is wrong if you come to a Christian forum for answers, and recognize you have been living a lie. I see you are from Arkansas. Are you native to that state? If so I'm sure you have experienced a Christian influence. So what do you believe to be the truth and the lie you have been living?

And, welcome.

I have never been a part of any chat or forum so I’ll attempt to not be too lengthy with my responses; I’ve been exposed to the word most of my life; I don’t believe that just because a person has Church influences it doesn’t mean they don’t have outside influences that hinder spiritual growth and personal maturity . My mother and I have identified that I’m still a 5/6 year old trying to protect himself (longer story). Thank you for your response

Active
I have never been a part of any chat or forum so I’ll attempt to not be too lengthy with my responses; I’ve been exposed to the word most of my life; I don’t believe that just because a person has Church influences it doesn’t mean they don’t have outside influences that hinder spiritual growth and personal maturity . My mother and I have identified that I’m still a 5/6 year old trying to protect himself (longer story). Thank you for your response
You're quite welcome. Yes, of course, the Christian is exposed, and affected by the outside influences. I will ask you plainly, though you mention Church and the Word, have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour...born-again?

Many of these influences of the world on the Christian can be severe, but I am convinced that our relationship with Jesus Christ carries with it a healing of these things. Time spent in the Word of God, time spent with Christ in prayer, and time spent with the people of God in a local church or fellowship will all contribute to the healing of any bad influence of the world.

Quantrill