• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Radical Kindness

Staff Member
When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, "Do you understand what I have done to you? John 13:12 ESV

They didn’t understand. How could they? It was customary for someone to clean the dust from the feet of guests when they arrived in a home. They were guests. Someone failed in their role of hospitality.

Yet Jesus got a basin and towel to clean the feet of the men He would use to change the world. Perhaps the disciples were embarrassed. The last person they thought should assume this servant role was Jesus. You can almost sense a feeling of awkwardness in the room as the one they called Master was doing something no one else was willing to do.

Peter resisted the cleansing, but Jesus gently yet firmly washed his feet. You will never become what God has in mind for you by resisting His help. That help can often seem like something you should be able to do yourself, but you haven’t. You might think someone else should have done it for you, but they can’t. Romans 2:4 NLT “Don't you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can't you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?”

Life change is transformation. Transformation begins with the kindness of God. God’s kindness was once delivered through a basin and a towel. Don’t resist the servant Savior.

Prayer: Dear God, by Your kindness draw me close, do what I can’t, and show me Your way.