• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

R C Sproul HowTo Study The Bible

Active
I don't get people who say they study the Bible
In solomon he says to much studying causes man to grow weary
I have never ever meant one person who could say they new the Bible from front to back n so I asked YH how am I supposed to study the Word
It's not the words I've come to find out for it us written His word is written on hmHis children's heart
We r to study His ways n we can do this by just Loving on the Word n spending time with Him
I get called names all the time from Christians when I speak this but its the Truth
I've lost my memory yrs ago over head trauma I can not memorize no more I have a short memory I don't comprehend what I read either Except for the Word for YH is Spirit and He teaches me as He does with all His children the Spirit is poured out onto His children
Alls one has to do is truly Love Him above all else's and believe on His Word for its what we all are we r His Word that has created us and we r all branched from Him

Well have an amazing night
Hopefully I don't sound to crazy for ya
✌️

Loyal
I have never ever meant one person who could say they new the Bible from front to back n so I asked YH how am I supposed to study the Word
It's not the words I've come to find out for it us written His word is written on hmHis children's heart
We r to study His ways n we can do this by just Loving on the Word n spending time with Him
I get called names all the time from Christians when I speak this but its the Truth
I've lost my memory yrs ago over head trauma I can not memorize no more I have a short memory I don't comprehend what I read either Except for the Word for YH is Spirit and He teaches me as He does with all His children the Spirit is poured out onto His children
Alls one has to do is truly Love Him above all else's and believe on His Word for its what we all are we r His Word that has created us and we r all branched from Him

✌️
No you don’t, I had grandmothers, born and raised in the darkest parts of “Mississippi” and “Arkansas” their husbands knew how to read. And both side native Indians, with documents and pictures and marriage license in my Possession to prove Authentic.

The women knew not how to Read But just was “Rich in Christ” than any man! And they would tell you too! I know because, no Tv, no radio, night time and day time stories and documents,

So I understand every word you are saying.

Here is a post I copied from a thread I posted to.

Ploughboy said in another Thread:
To each person his own, every “True Child of The Living GOD” has “The Parakletos” living in them, and “The Parakletos” will do what He is supposed to do for that Particular child.

And a child must Grow into “Sonship” and “GOD Has All kinds Of Children, and those children grow into all kinds of “sons” so pleases the FATHER.

And “The FATHER” is not a human being, neither does He act like one or think like one, neither are His thoughts Human, and a human is nothing but a corrupted creature, and by “Grace alone” he will be another creature that was “created in Christ Jesus”! “clothe in Righteousness” for ever and even and ever, every moment in Eternity where “That which was Temporay will be remember no more, not even know That The Tempory even existed. That Sin ever existed! Now That is Pure unadulterated “Righteousness” not knowing “Sin” or knowing its existence.:pensive:

“for this too is “The inHeritance of The Saints of GOD”

“For We Are [Indicative] Will be; “THE GLORY of GOD” Manifested Through ALL ETERNITY! Growing “BRIGHTER and BRIGHTER” every Moment Throughout “ETERNITY” a place where there is no knowledge of sin ever existed.

All of this is “ Compounded“ in “The Volume” of “The Book” and in That “Volume” it is Revealed by “The Parakletos” That was Give unto us “A Special Group” a “Peculiar of GOD” Chosen by Him before All creation ever existed.

People of All kinds, alll ages, alll Colors, all kinds of minds, healthy, sickly, the learn, the unlearn, those who can read and those who cannot read, have not The Ability, those who can see, and those who see but are naturally blind, out of all kinds of “Nations” the educated the uneducated, the Dumb, the smart, the male and the female,
“Jesus is The Savior” of ALL kinds of People! though out The Whole World!

It Is By “Grace” we are Saved Through Faith! And That Faith is A “Gift” also by “GOD” not Earn. We “Cannot” do not have The Ability to even Muster up “Faith in GOD or Christ” unless It Has been given to us by GOD to be Saved by “GOD” less any man “SHOULD” Boast!
“For This is one of The perfect “Gifts” given to us from Above” that cannot fade away.

If you don’t read, so what, if you do read so what, That does not effect our “Salvation” but it may Affect our understanding of our salvation which we live here on planet Earth which is only “Temporary”!

We all see through a veil darkly but then “Face to Face”!

I am going to say it again for the unlearn who can read!

“BUT “FACE TO FACE” we are going to see HIM as He really is!

But I will say you have not seen HIM, But When You “See HIM, “FACE To FACE”:eyes: In That Hour You Will Have The Power and The Glory, The RIGHTEOUSNESS to See Him as He Really Is!

I thank you for Priming this pump :pensive:

NASB 1977
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.

And on that day you will know;

Active
No you don’t, I had grandmothers, born and raised in the darkest parts of “Mississippi” and “Arkansas” their husbands knew how to read. And both side native Indians, with documents and pictures and marriage license in my Possession to prove Authentic.

The women knew not how to Read But just was “Rich in Christ” than any man! And they would tell you too! I know because, no Tv, no radio, night time and day time stories and documents,

So I understand every word you are saying.

Here is a post I copied from a thread I posted to.

Ploughboy said in another Thread:
To each person his own, every “True Child of The Living GOD” has “The Parakletos” living in them, and “The Parakletos” will do what He is supposed to do for that Particular child.

And a child must Grow into “Sonship” and “GOD Has All kinds Of Children, and those children grow into all kinds of “sons” so pleases the FATHER.

And “The FATHER” is not a human being, neither does He act like one or think like one, neither are His thoughts Human, and a human is nothing but a corrupted creature, and by “Grace alone” he will be another creature that was “created in Christ Jesus”! “clothe in Righteousness” for ever and even and ever, every moment in Eternity where “That which was Temporay will be remember no more, not even know That The Tempory even existed. That Sin ever existed! Now That is Pure unadulterated “Righteousness” not knowing “Sin” or knowing its existence.:pensive:

“for this too is “The inHeritance of The Saints of GOD”

“For We Are [Indicative] Will be; “THE GLORY of GOD” Manifested Through ALL ETERNITY! Growing “BRIGHTER and BRIGHTER” every Moment Throughout “ETERNITY” a place where there is no knowledge of sin ever existed.

All of this is “ Compounded“ in “The Volume” of “The Book” and in That “Volume” it is Revealed by “The Parakletos” That was Give unto us “A Special Group” a “Peculiar of GOD” Chosen by Him before All creation ever existed.

People of All kinds, alll ages, alll Colors, all kinds of minds, healthy, sickly, the learn, the unlearn, those who can read and those who cannot read, have not The Ability, those who can see, and those who see but are naturally blind, out of all kinds of “Nations” the educated the uneducated, the Dumb, the smart, the male and the female,
“Jesus is The Savior” of ALL kinds of People! though out The Whole World!

It Is By “Grace” we are Saved Through Faith! And That Faith is A “Gift” also by “GOD” not Earn. We “Cannot” do not have The Ability to even Muster up “Faith in GOD or Christ” unless It Has been given to us by GOD to be Saved by “GOD” less any man “SHOULD” Boast!
“For This is one of The perfect “Gifts” given to us from Above” that cannot fade away.

If you don’t read, so what, if you do read so what, That does not effect our “Salvation” but it may Affect our understanding of our salvation which we live here on planet Earth which is only “Temporary”!

We all see through a veil darkly but then “Face to Face”!

I am going to say it again for the unlearn who can read!

“BUT “FACE TO FACE” we are going to see HIM as He really is!

But I will say you have not seen HIM, But When You “See HIM, “FACE To FACE”:eyes: In That Hour You Will Have The Power and The Glory, The RIGHTEOUSNESS to See Him as He Really Is!

I thank you for Priming this pump :pensive:

NASB 1977
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.

And on that day you will know;
We know not what He has become oh my how Glorious my imagination can't even touch on that I believe we r blessed because we can Acknowledge Him
Idk
Have an amazing night!

You're from the South and you don't need to read or stay in touch via modern electronic telecommunications? That sounds really pastoral and idyllic, tell me all about your family farm. Plowboy, that's your occupation? Wow, I'm really impressed. Farming requires getting up before dawn to tend the animals before you oversee your crops. How many acres do you farm down around Arkansas-Mississippi? The Northern Great Lake states where I'm from produce primarily wheat and corn. Cotton doesn't grow much north of the Adirondacks, it's not a hot enough climate.

Active
You're from the South and you don't need to read or stay in touch via modern electronic telecommunications? That sounds really pastoral and idyllic, tell me all about your family farm. Plowboy, that's your occupation? Wow, I'm really impressed. Farming requires getting up before dawn to tend the animals before you oversee your crops. How many acres do you farm down around Arkansas-Mississippi? The Northern Great Lake states where I'm from produce primarily wheat and corn. Cotton doesn't grow much north of the Adirondacks, it's not a hot enough climate.
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.....

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And the Lord said:

Because this people draw near with their mouth

and honor me with their lips,

while their hearts are far from me,

and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,

YH is Spirit n He seeks those who worship in Truth n Spirit...

He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
[3] And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
[4] A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

And I am not from the south Im from North Philadelphia PA.. YH has sent us where we r today..

He said go n we went leaving everything but three suitcases behind not know where we would stay or wind up.. YH takes care of His children one just gotta trust n believe in Him..;)

Twistie :broken_heart:

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.....

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And the Lord said:

Because this people draw near with their mouth

and honor me with their lips,

while their hearts are far from me,

and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,

YH is Spirit n He seeks those who worship in Truth n Spirit...

He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
[3] And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
[4] A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

And I am not from the south Im from North Philadelphia PA.. YH has sent us where we r today..

He said go n we went leaving everything but three suitcases behind not know where we would stay or wind up.. YH takes care of His children one just gotta trust n believe in Him..;)

Sorry, wrong number. I was talking to the Plowboy; he says his grandmother is from a nebulous indeterminate location in the delta. It's interesting that he had grandmothers from the region who were Native American and couldn't read, although his grandfathers could, and even had birth certificates and marriage licenses. Now those were Plowboy's grandmothers, that's three generations back counting his generation, and a generation is a lifespan of about eighty years.

That gives me an estimate of 240 years back to his grandmother's births. The present year is 2023 and 1776 was 247 years ago. Plowboy claims to be a Mississippi delta region Native American Indian, with grandparents who had governmental birth certificates and marriage licenses from governmental agencies little more than seven years after the Declaration of Independence. And he's still a traditional Deep South conservative farmer!

Active
Sorry, wrong number. I was talking to the Plowboy; he says his grandmother is from a nebulous indeterminate location in the delta. It's interesting that he had grandmothers from the region who were Native American and couldn't read, although his grandfathers could, and even had birth certificates and marriage licenses. Now those were Plowboy's grandmothers, that's three generations back counting his generation, and a generation is a lifespan of about eighty years.

That gives me an estimate of 240 years back to his grandmother's births. The present year is 2023 and 1776 was 247 years ago. Plowboy claims to be a Mississippi delta region Native American Indian, with grandparents who had governmental birth certificates and marriage licenses from governmental agencies little more than seven years after the Declaration of Independence. And he's still a traditional Deep South conservative farmer!
Not really my husband granma was born on an Indian reservation she couldn't read n she didn't even have a social when she went n applied for one it was a mess they kept telling her she didn't exist.. I know many inner city Adults that can't read.. gang banging is their first choice..

Idk what exactly a conservative is I don't do all that political man stuff frfr

Fyi lol I like that lol wrong number..

Hope ya r having a nice day..

Not really my husband granma was born on an Indian reservation she couldn't read n she didn't even have a social when she went n applied for one it was a mess they kept telling her she didn't exist.. I know many inner city Adults that can't read.. gang banging is their first choice..

Idk what exactly a conservative is I don't do all that political man stuff frfr

Fyi lol I like that lol wrong number..

Hope ya r having a nice day..

Can't read, or just don't want to? Sabbath falls on a weekend, you know, it's your day off. Reading isn't labor intensive; in fact, it isn't work at all. You know it's not, because it's definitely something you're allowed to do in a Synagogue on the Sabbath, as when Jesus read from the Isaiah scroll when he was young.

Active
Can't read, or just don't want to? Sabbath falls on a weekend, you know, it's your day off. Reading isn't labor intensive; in fact, it isn't work at all. You know it's not, because it's definitely something you're allowed to do in a Synagogue on the Sabbath, as when Jesus read from the Isaiah scroll when he was young.
To me everyday is the Sabbath Sabbath is not a one day on n off n it is written

On the Seventh day He rested..

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his.

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience

N aren't you a cocky spirit

✌️

That's a better statement than it appears to be at first. Are you trying to back up the universal atheist overture, "The Bible is self-contradictory"? That isn't necessarily the case. Too much studying causes weariness of the soul? Don't stay up all night drinking coffee and cramming for your physics final thinking you'll pass it.

Active
That's a better statement than it appears to be at first. Are you trying to back up the universal atheist overture, "The Bible is self-contradictory"? That isn't necessarily the case. Too much studying causes weariness of the soul? Don't stay up all night drinking coffee and cramming for your physics final thinking you'll pass it.
No common sense tells me no one can memorize front to back the Word..YH is spirit n those who worship Him must worship in both Truth n Spirit.. as a child i never studied my mom or nan or aunts n uncles words to get to know them.. i mimicked their actions..what good is to to memorize some words n have no change of heart n ways? How can one Claim to say YH is a good Father but not listen to what He tells His children.. it's like a man looking in a mirror seeing dirt n not wiping it off before he goes out n about . Even a parrot can repeat words.. even satan cronies repeat words for we r told they will disguise themselves as light.. it's written.. n no I never crammed for a test... Everything is written sadly many claim to believe in God they just don't believe what God say.. I guess that's why He says why do you call me Lord Lord n not do what I say.. many worship YH how n when they want not how He tells us to n it's all written. Many seek answers from man instead of asking YH Himself n many are very willing to spoon feed instead of encouraging one to Seek YH Himself for answers.. alls I can do is say what I have seen n heard while on this walk called life and speak what I have been told by YH.. I'm in the season of learning not to pour into broken cisterns for it is written
"My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

No common sense tells me no one can memorize front to back the Word..YH is spirit n those who worship Him must worship in both Truth n Spirit.. as a child i never studied my mom or nan or aunts n uncles words to get to know them.. i mimicked their actions..what good is to to memorize some words n have no change of heart n ways? How can one Claim to say YH is a good Father but not listen to what He tells His children.. it's like a man looking in a mirror seeing dirt n not wiping it off before he goes out n about . Even a parrot can repeat words.. even satan cronies repeat words for we r told they will disguise themselves as light.. it's written.. n no I never crammed for a test... Everything is written sadly many claim to believe in God they just don't believe what God say.. I guess that's why He says why do you call me Lord Lord n not do what I say.. many worship YH how n when they want not how He tells us to n it's all written. Many seek answers from man instead of asking YH Himself n many are very willing to spoon feed instead of encouraging one to Seek YH Himself for answers.. alls I can do is say what I have seen n heard while on this walk called life and speak what I have been told by YH.. I'm in the season of learning not to pour into broken cisterns for it is written
"My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

You can memorize the whole Bible. Don't sell yourself short, kid, if that's your goal there are ways to get started. First take notes while reading. As you read, note down your interests in the context of the narrative, using note cards with chapter and verse citations, and begin to produce a cross referenced personal concordance. As you progress, saving files, reading, taking notes and of course praying, also use the contents of your other courses (the boring shallow ones from the nerve-wracking inner-city state school you were forced to go to through meatal detectors with see through plastic backpacks at which the homeroom teacher carried a gun, LOL). When you have a question about the character's daily life in Israel (the state of Israel, not spiritual Israel in which you spend study time) ask the five newspaper questions you learned on paper staff in the English department. Who, what, when why and where. Make copious notes and write short three to five paragraph essays for your files. When there is a matter of communication from God, as with prophecy or the story of an angelic visitation, use your Logic books (Cannon Logic is usually taught in ninth and tenth grade). Form a complete answer to your questions about the spiritual communication on the written page, that's the most you can be expected to do. ("For now, we see through a glass darkly, but then we will know, even as we are known.")

You can keep your files in Microsoft word for rapid access, transmission to others, and ease of filing. Write write write write write write write. Tking notes and writing down thoughts and ideas, as well as inspiration in grammatically correct logical format will make you a memorization star in no time flat, your only problem will be with spies and saboteurs, thieves and insurgent agents, who violate your property rights by stealing your notebooks, laptop, device or prayer journal.

Keep a prayer journal. Witches are keeping books of shadows containing notes of their nefarious midnight revelries, don't fall behind.

Active
You can memorize the whole Bible. Don't sell yourself short, kid, if that's your goal there are ways to get started. First take notes while reading. As you read, note down your interests in the context of the narrative, using note cards with chapter and verse citations, and begin to produce a cross referenced personal concordance. As you progress, saving files, reading, taking notes and of course praying, also use the contents of your other courses (the boring shallow ones from the nerve-wracking inner-city state school you were forced to go to through meatal detectors with see through plastic backpacks at which the homeroom teacher carried a gun, LOL). When you have a question about the character's daily life in Israel (the state of Israel, not spiritual Israel in which you spend study time) ask the five newspaper questions you learned on paper staff in the English department. Who, what, when why and where. Make copious notes and write short three to five paragraph essays for your files. When there is a matter of communication from God, as with prophecy or the story of an angelic visitation, use your Logic books (Cannon Logic is usually taught in ninth and tenth grade). Form a complete answer to your questions about the spiritual communication on the written page, that's the most you can be expected to do. ("For now, we see through a glass darkly, but then we will know, even as we are known.")

You can keep your files in Microsoft word for rapid access, transmission to others, and ease of filing. Write write write write write write write. Tking notes and writing down thoughts and ideas, as well as inspiration in grammatically correct logical format will make you a memorization star in no time flat, your only problem will be with spies and saboteurs, thieves and insurgent agents, who violate your property rights by stealing your notebooks, laptop, device or prayer journal.

Keep a prayer journal. Witches are keeping books of shadows containing notes of their nefarious midnight revelries, don't fall behind.
No I can't I can't even understanding what I read.. brain trauma is a uphill battle except with Abba all I gotta do is ponder with Him n He make everything make sense.. I may b dumbfounded with the wordly stuff but that's all dung compared to wat I do have.. that accident n the chain beating over my head n the medication n shocks couldn't get rid of the Light!:)
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 8 But it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

Twistie