• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Question about end of life

Hi Blessings to All hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I have lately been wondering about what determines our end of life. It it completely in God's hand - is He the one who decides when our life should end ? We Christians have been thought that this is so, however, I'm having doubts about this as how does this equate with life expectancy ? I mean we all know that people living in third world countries in dire circumstances like lack of healthy food, medicine etc obviously have a lower life expectancy than priviledged people living in comfort and all of life prime necessities !!!

What are your thoughts about this ?

Just trying to understand ; please help if you can xxx

Hi Blessings to All hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I have lately been wondering about what determines our end of life. It it completely in God's hand - is He the one who decides when our life should end ? We Christians have been thought that this is so, however, I'm having doubts about this as how does this equate with life expectancy ? I mean we all know that people living in third world countries in dire circumstances like lack of healthy food, medicine etc obviously have a lower life expectancy than priviledged people living in comfort and all of life prime necessities !!!

What are your thoughts about this ?

Just trying to understand ; please help if you can xxx

Deuteronomy, chapter 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

God even gives us our thoughts so everything was planned before creation. This is the reason we have prophecies that are fulfilled exactly when they're supposed to. I hope this helps you understand that God is in control of every tiny detail, down to the smallest atom. Our bodies are only puppets to God and our created thoughts are the life that is all planned out for us. Our eternal future is already planned. All we have to do is live it in a body that functions according to our life plans.

Active
King Hezekiah was told by God it was his time to die.God gave him a 15 year extension because he cried and begged. Three years later his son, Manasseh, was born. If Hezekiah had accepted death when first told by the Lord, then his son Manesseh, the most evil of kings, would have never been born.

So it does appear God is able to adjust destiny.
Of course he knew Hezekiah would ask so was it really an adjustment or did it happen to show a pattern and to fulfill and or refine/develop scripture?God is not bound by time so when we try to make it logical it just won't fit in our time bound heads.